Would like your opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

u_r_my_serenity

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would you rank the following for internal medicine? (listed alphabetically)

Mayo Clinic Jacksonville
Texas A&M Scott and White
Texas Tech
University of Cincinnati
Univeristy of Texas Galveston (UTMB)
University of Texas San Antonio
University of Southern California Los Angeles

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard nothing but good things about UT San Antonio, Univ of Cincinnati, UT Galveston, Texas A&M Scott and White so my main advice to you would be to go with your gut feelings about these programs-- I do not think you can go wrong with any of these programs-- did you feel you fit in well with the residents? are these cities where you wanna live? does the program fit your personality/ career goals? are all questions you should consider when evaluating these programs. The only thing is that Texas has warmer weather and Cincinatti not as much. Also, if you wanna go to
CA and enjoy their beautiful weather then USC would be a good choice. Just my 2 cents-- good luck!!

Thanks for your opinion. It's so hard for me to make these kinds of major decisions even though I feel like I will be happy at many places.

Members don't see this ad :)
u_r_my_serenity said:
Thanks for your opinion. It's so hard for me to make these kinds of major decisions even though I feel like I will be happy at many places.

One thing to consider given your list is the cost of living. CA is not cheap, no matter how you cut it, while various places in TX will be much cheaper.

Also, where is family? How important is it to you that you live close to them? Galveston isn't close to a major airport (IAH is a good 1.5-2 hrs away, depending on traffic).

Anyone else with any last minute thoughts? Thanks for your advice, Funk. I keep feeling like I want to change my rank list depending on what factor I am thinking of at the moment.