Would like your help with ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Please vote on where I should go

• Boston Medical Center

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Cincinnati

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Cook County

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Johns Hopkins

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • U. of Michigan

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frenetic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a very hard time ranking my top five programs. Location and 3 versus 4 years are not significant issues with me. I would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

southerndoc said:
Maybe if you post a couple more threads people will take notice.

No need to get mean and sarcastic. I don't know you and you don't know me. I have noticed your nasty attitude on a few other threads. The reason I have two threads for the same poll is that I made a mistake and clicked more than one when I was submitting the thread because of the very slow response the first time I clicked. Suffice it to say I learned from my mistake and won't do that again. Can you please tell me what program you are at so that I don't rank your program and ever run into you?

Members don't see this ad :)
frenetic said:
No need to get mean and sarcastic. I don't know you and you don't know me. I have noticed your nasty attitude on a few other threads. The reason I have two threads for the same poll is that I made a mistake and clicked more than one when I was submitting the thread because of the very slow response the first time I clicked. Suffice it to say I learned from my mistake and won't do that again. Can you please tell me what program you are at so that I don't rank your program and ever run into you?
So you are new to the forum and you couldn't figure out how to post a poll properly. It happens. I'm going to assume from this and your 0+ post rating that you are relatively unfamiliar with the frequent good natured ribbing that is all over this board. Mean and sarcastic as you put it are kind of a way of life around here. Especially this time of year when the 5th or 6th rank my list for me poll pops up. You would be lucky to have someone as smart, helpful, and dare I say it, down right witty as Southerndoc where ever you may match so lighten up newbie.
P.S. One tip is you will get alot better info by asking focused questions. Your polls will get several people voting just to vote who have no clue about most if any of your programs you listed. (i.e. me)

I'm absolutely not going to give an opinion or vote. You've got five great programs there. But it seems to me that they fall into two groups: stronger on academics and research vs stronger on clinical experience. If you paid attention on the road you know which is which.

You'll have good training at any one of them.

BKN said:
I'm absolutely not going to give an opinion or vote. You've got five great programs there. But it seems to me that they fall into two groups: stronger on academics and research vs stronger on clinical experience. If you paid attention on the road you know which is which.

You'll have good training at any one of them.

OMG, were we supposed to be paying attention on the road? :eek:

corpsmanUP said:
OMG, were we supposed to be paying attention on the road? :eek:

I suspect you know the names of the EM1s' cats at 533 programs. :D

frenetic said:

maybe southerndoc gets ur name too, so they don't rank you haha. I dont think this would be a good match :)

frenetic said:
I am having a very hard time ranking my top five programs. Location and 3 versus 4 years are not significant issues with me. I would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

I interviewed at U of M, Cook and BMC....I didnt apply to the other 2 programs you mentioned.....

I would rank U of M over Cook over BMC.

U of M: I think U of M is an up coming program, they have all the bells and whisltes of a GREAT program with money, equipment and big names. I thought the PD was very genuine and all the residents really respected him. My biggest worry about this big academic instiutions is that EM always get shafted by the big bad Surgery and IM Depts....That was not the feel I got at U of M. I thought the "politics" was low key.

Cook: Training is second to none....Nothig but great things to say about cook. The only negative is 2-4......but the only reason why I pick U of M over Cook is I felt warm and fuzzy at U of M and there was this hot chick that was for sure gonna match at U o M when I interviewed there...(Not really the way to rank a program over the other but....hehehe)

BMC: I didn't like how there was no structure to the didactics....I guess their phylosophy is you make your own study guidelines, also I thought the Chair might be on his way out....When he saw my badge (with a California school written on it), he said "California....I'm about to move my family there"....I don't know if he was kiddin or not, but I didnt like any uncertainty in a program. In addition at my U o M interview, I met at BU student and he told me the rest of the hospital is terrible....the EM was the only shinning gem at BMC.....

Remember this in only my personal experience and may be skewwed...take it with a grain of salt....GO w/ your gutt!!

Good luck!