Would like some reassurance...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cavemanzz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

So I am looking for some reassurance, since I feel like absolute dog **** right now. I just took usmle step 2 a few days back and it was a STRUGGLE. I did well on step 1 with 240+ and did the whole "study for a month bit with the appropriate resources", but I feel like this test was out of left field and I could have been slaughtered. The first 4 blocks were a killer - super long stems and abstracts I wasn't expecting. I gained some momentum and felt like the last 3 weren't too bad. I was marking at least 15 per block and guessing on a handful by the end due to time issues.

Seriously...it seems like everyone just kindof 'meh's this test like it isn't a big deal - and most people seem to do well...but I cant shake the feeling that I was violated.

anyone feel this way, mark this many questions, and guess so much with a clean outcome????

Members don't see this ad.

I've been hearing this from everyone lately...! My exam is next month, getting worried now :(

Read the Experiences thread. Felt the same way, and I found comfort knowing that several of the 260s/270s on CK initially said the same thing.

I'm 250s Step 1, walked out feeling shell shocked. Talked to my friend (scored 270s Step 1), he said much of the same. We both get scores tomorrow...

Read the Experiences thread. Felt the same way, and I found comfort knowing that several of the 260s/270s on CK initially said the same thing.

I'm 250s Step 1, walked out feeling shell shocked. Talked to my friend (scored 270s Step 1), he said much of the same. We both get scores tomorrow...

So how'd it go for you guys?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I took it 7/31, if you want to read the more detailed version, I posted in the experiences thread. I did fairly well on step 1 (237), I know, not the SDN standard well, but w/e. Felt really confident going into step 2, and got completely blindsided, marked 15-20 on each section, ran out of time, last 2 sections marked like 30 each. Walked out and just felt the most depressed I've ever felt... I was averaging 77% on Uworld by the end. FML.

Got a 244 on Step 1 and I pretty much felt like I was blindsided by Step 2 CK. Most of the time I knew the diagnosis but the answers were all iffy and debatable. At least with Step 1 there's usually one blatantly correct answer that, if you know it, is immediately the one you choose.

On Step 2, it was a bunch of "eh, maybe it's this one depending on the circumstance"

Well i'm just glad that i'm not the only one who felt like that. Im crossing my fingers for you guys.

Well i'm just glad that i'm not the only one who felt like that. Im crossing my fingers for you guys.

cavemanzz, would you mind letting us know how it went when you get your score? Many people feel the way you do and it would be nice to hear how you did.
I'm sure you're gonna get good results back :)

Hey guys! Got my score today and can breath easy now! I should have just had more faith in myself and the sdners out there....

Step 1: 249

Practice nbme 4 about 4 weeks out: 235
Nbme 6 about 2 weeks out: 245
Uworld self assessment about 1 week out: 252

Real thing: 251

No "crushing" it by sdn standards...but I am extremely pleased!

I used master the boards 2 and 3. Read secrets during rotations. Did all of uworld and read every answer explanation.

I feel silly for posting like I may have failed, but I genuinely felt like I did...so my advice to those who go through a bit of depression during the wait is to keep the chin up...it will all work out.

Thanks to all the support and good info on this site. Good luck everyone!

Hey guys! Got my score today and can breath easy now! I should have just had more faith in myself and the sdners out there....

Step 1: 249

Practice nbme 4 about 4 weeks out: 235
Nbme 6 about 2 weeks out: 245
Uworld self assessment about 1 week out: 252

Real thing: 251

No "crushing" it by sdn standards...but I am extremely pleased!

I used master the boards 2 and 3. Read secrets during rotations. Did all of uworld and read every answer explanation.

I feel silly for posting like I may have failed, but I genuinely felt like I did...so my advice to those who go through a bit of depression during the wait is to keep the chin up...it will all work out.

Thanks to all the support and good info on this site. Good luck everyone!

Gratz! That's awesome. And makes me feel a bit better :). Still have to wait for 3 more weeks since I took it one day too late apparently.