Would it look bad if I took a non pre-req class CR/NC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Witty Knitter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a 300-level anthro class on the history of anthropological theory, which is so boring, and the professor only makes it worse, and I'm kind of falling behind on the work. I've already taken 3 or 4 other anthro classes, so I don't need it for my pre reqs, which is why I was thinking of taking it credit/no credit. I can't withdraw because I don't want to drop below full-time since I receive FA, and I don't want to cause any complications there. Would taking the class credit/no credit negatively affect my application?

Members don't see this ad.

@whitty -You will probably want to check with each individual program you are applying to to see if they require an actual grade.

Since you have other (graded, I assume) classes that fulfill the anthro prereqs, it seems to me like it shouldn't negatively affect you. Maybe be prepared to explain why you took it credit/no credit if you get asked in an interview, but I feel like it wouldn't be a big deal. Just personal opinion though!