General Admissions & OTCAS What should I do if I have a 3.1 gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FeyreFire

Reaction score
I'm about to graduate with a BBH/psych double major and started looking into Occupational Therapy a bit too late. I have all the requirements (though not sure if I need to take Physics 2) and i have good grades in all of them except the two A and P labs, which I got Cs in due to health and COVID.

(A and P 1 wascovid. In A and P 2 lab's case, I couldn't do a health exemption because of IBD and I ended up missing an exam due to hospitalization for Kidney prob)

The only requirement I haven't taken is Medical Terminology and I plan on doing that in the summer. The only reason I'm not redoing the labs is because I'm already over the credit limit and I'm set to leave in Summer 2023. I'm going to hopefully get observation hours in the future, too

In either case, is there anything I can do? Do I need a post Bach or something to be competitive?

Members don't see this ad.

I got into some really good schools with a 3.2. Do you have extracurriculars? I’m reapplying this cycle because I withdrew from my school last summer but I did have one D on my transcript and got into some top programs! I would say have a decent amount of observation hours, some good extracurriculars, letters of rec, and great personal statement too:)

try to get observation hours before applying, especially to see if the career is for u

I got into some really good schools with a 3.2. Do you have extracurriculars? I’m reapplying this cycle because I withdrew from my school last summer but I did have one D on my transcript and got into some top programs! I would say have a decent amount of observation hours, some good extracurriculars, letters of rec, and great personal statement too:)
I do have some extracurriculars, mostly involving animals like shelter experience mostly (150 hours) and I'm going to be working with those with disabilities in the summer. I'm trying to currently build on the section, too.

I'll look into observational hours, too. I'm probably going to end up getting hours in the spring because I have classes in the summer that need attention.