Would Intro to Chem be considered a pre-req?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MisterBurns

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been nervous for the past month because I got a C in intro to chem and am worried that will hurt my pre-req gpa IF that is considered a pre-req. So would my intro class be included or do chem pre-reqs start at Chem 1?

Members don't see this ad.

no, but will count within your science GPA.

Usually pre-req's ONLY count Chem 1 & 2, etc...

The above poster is right.

And.....I hate to say this, but if you had a lot of trouble with Intro to Chem, you are going to have to bust your butt in Chem 1 & @. Intro to chem at my school was a breeze class compared to Chem 1 & 2

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Factor label is your friend with chemistry. Seriously, it makes your life so much easier.

I will need all the help I can get in Chem. too. What is factor label? Also, does anyone think the Kahn Academy videos would be worth my time?

The above poster is right.

And.....I hate to say this, but if you had a lot of trouble with Intro to Chem, you are going to have to bust your butt in Chem 1 & @. Intro to chem at my school was a breeze class compared to Chem 1 & 2

Good Luck!

I could have definitely done better but personal situations brought my grade down. I'm confident I will be able to get a B in chem 1, but I'm certainly not looking forward to it :thumbdown: