worthwhile things at kaplan???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chef

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'll be a M2 next fall and want to know what are some 'cant miss' items at kaplan.

is the "q-review" (qbank and clin vign q's) good enough?

or are their books and simulated exam worth getting? i think i have to enroll in their classes to get these 2. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by chef
i'll be a M2 next fall and want to know what are some 'cant miss' items at kaplan.

is the "q-review" (qbank and clin vign q's) good enough?

or are their books and simulated exam worth getting? i think i have to enroll in their classes to get these 2. thanks!

Since you're just starting M2, you won't have practical use for Qreview right now. You'll want to save that stuff for the weeks/months before the exam. (The subscription periods are 1 or 3 months anyways.) The best think you can do in preparation is to actually learn stuff in class.

But to address some of your questions, I'm pretty sure Qreview includes an in-center exam as part of the package, so you don't need to enroll in a class. I guarantee that copies of Kaplan review books will be offered by the students ahead of you as the year progresses. You'll have to decide for yourself if these things are all worth it since "Good enough" is different for everybody. You can't guarantee you'll pass by using Kaplan materials, and you won't necessarily fail if you don't use them.