worst time to be stressed...advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epicpt89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey whats up guys? So I've been on a pretty much on a 2 year journey to recover from my mediocre undergrad grades to doing the at one time seemingly impossible proposition of getting into PT school for next cycle.

I have been doing pretty well so far in getting great grades and finished off last semester (these are all pre reqs by the way) with a 4.0. All I have left are all the sciences. Bio, Physics and Chem (both parts of each) which should be done by the summer..and I am taking both bio and chem now..heres the problem

Due to my current life situation I have to work two jobs while in school. I am barely left with any real time to study and the pressure gets to me sometimes knowing that I have no choice but to get A's for not only my pre req grade, but for my overall GPA.

It sucks coming so far and not having any choice but to work like this, which takes away from my studies in such time consuming classes. Im not off to the greatest of starts, but I feel like I can still make through somehow with 2 months left in the semester and one more after this one. Any advice from anyone that was once in this situation or one like it?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at work so I have to keep this concise but I may respond in greater detail after work: I was a very similar applicant, except that I got C's for 3 years, and it took almost 5 years of repairing the damages as well as a master's degree to become a competitive applicant. I also applied to physical therapy school for 4 years, which not many people have the drive and perseverance to handle such an emotional roller coaster. I am an outlier, and if I can do it, anyone can as long as you have the resilience and drive! (I just skimmed what you wrote and didn't actually answer any specific questions, so if my response seems off than that is why!)

Reactions: 1 user
Here's the deal....I spent 5 years as well repairing my GPA slowly. I always worked full time and paid for everything. Some semesters were still fairly high loads and it was stressful. In retrospect, why didn't I just take out a few reasonable Loans and go back to school full time for 1 year? (3 semesters). Yes I would have some debt, but at this point I would be done with PT schools and working a solid job. So I guess keep the big picture in mind and make some trade offs. Yes, you have to get As. But if this is the most important thing you are doing, can you possibly cut down on work?

Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah I cut back a bit on work, but I'm sort of financially strapped so either way I cannot really put all the time into my studies like I wish I could. At this point in my life I just want to be done with this process and hurry up and hopefully get accepted to any school.

A real up and down situation and it is cool to see I have some people here that can at least relate to what I am going through.

Reactions: 1 user