worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aPeainthePod

Pod-Guy
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
been reading horrible things about job opportunities after residency. very worried. is it true that only about a third of all residency grades find work paying around 100k, the rest cut toe nails for $50-$60 a year as assocites to senior pods?

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure that is not the case. That might be true of the base salary but with all the incentives thrown in and the benefits, they will make a lot more than that. All the new Pods I know that just finished residency are making great money, more than you listed. THere are a lot of threads in the podiatry forums on sdn about this. DO some more research. I am not worried about it. I should be winning the powerball this Wednesday so it will be nice not having to worry about the whole money thing. $100 million after the lump sum deduction and taxes. I'll donate a few thou' to SDN.

When you win, remember to send me a PM. Maybe we can work a deal so I can be your "personal" DPM and take care of all the foot & ankle needs of you and your family while you are on vacation, etc.

In the "old" days you could really injure your foot if the clutch on your new Ferrari was a little stiff, but you shouldn't have that problem now since they come equipped with paddle shifters on the steering column.

Getting on the Ferrari waiting list can be a little tough, so send me a PM and I may be able to help pull a few strings for you.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
if you are not married.. im not either..
you may PM me if you win.. but only if you win. bahahahaha

When you win, remember to send me a PM. Maybe we can work a deal so I can be your "personal" DPM and take care of all the foot & ankle needs of you and your family while you are on vacation, etc.

In the "old" days you could really injure your foot if the clutch on your new Ferrari was a little stiff, but you shouldn't have that problem now since they come equipped with paddle shifters on the steering column.

Getting on the Ferrari waiting list can be a little tough, so send me a PM and I may be able to help pull a few strings for you.:laugh:

Just let him buy it used at millermotors lmao doctor!

thanks for all the RELEVANT responses!
back to the more important issue please? thanks

been reading horrible things about job opportunities after residency. very worried. is it true that only about a third of all residency grades find work paying around 100k, the rest cut toe nails for $50-$60 a year as assocites to senior pods?

Where are you reading this? Link?

Ok I will spell it out for you. The reason your getting those answers is because this issue has been beaten to death and beyond. :beat:
Whatever you saw or read that freaked you out is not entirely or even at all true. Yes there are some bad jobs paying below average money but from hearing about recent offers and talking to some local pods, the offers given to new pods are pretty good. (I dont have exact numbers but im sure you can google) Dont freak out or be troll. Do your research and trust reputable sources not just anyone or whatever.

thanks for all the RELEVANT responses!
back to the more important issue please? thanks

As previously stated, one of the reasons you're getting the type of responses you have received is because this question has come up numerous times. Have you done your homework and actually searched this site prior to posting the question?

Regardless, go to the "podiatric residents and physicians" message board on this site, and at the top of the list of posts you will see a "sticky" which I wrote titled "My comments regarding DPM income...."

I believe you may find the information I wrote useful.