worried about taking comlex 2 PE late and not getting interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oh_Gee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone applying this year for residency that feel like they didn't get any interviews because they didn't have their COMLEX 2 PE score back in time? i'm worried because the earliest PE date i could find available is late August

Members don't see this ad.

August isn't really horribly late. Just check the calendar daily and switch it to an earlier date that becomes available.

Reactions: 1 users
Most programs want to see that you pass PE/CS before ranking. I took CS in the last week of November and it was not an issue, but a couple of programs I interviewed at made it clear to me that they won't rank me without a passing score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most programs want to see that you pass PE/CS before ranking. I took CS in the last week of November and it was not an issue, but a couple of programs I interviewed at made it clear to me that they won't rank me without a passing score.
but they'll still invite you to interview w/o a CS/PE score?

but they'll still invite you to interview w/o a CS/PE score?
Yes...

I got some interview invites with ONLY step1. I took step2 CK October 31st and CS November 27th. My step 1 was not even that high (high 210s). Then again IM is not that competitive and most of my invites before I got my CK score were from low tier university programs.

With the exception of there being literally no spots, there is absolutely no reason not to have a passing score by ERAS submission. Just get it done. As a DO there should be no reason to not have every score in so you can be appropriately compared. You don't want a program to have any doubt. I had level and steps 1/2 and PE in by submission and I think it helped immensely.

Plenty of people at my school took very early in third year without issue.

Reactions: 1 user