Worried about CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkknight79

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The results are about to be released beginning Oct. 12 and I'm getting antsy. I'm thinking more and more about mistakes I made including:

-Not closing on 2 patients b/c I ran out of time
-I untied gown without asking and SP resisted when I tried to expose her
-On the same patient, I got a strange look when recapping history and she stated she couldn't understand what I was saying. Overall strange encounter. I'm hoping that it's a pilot that doesnt get scored.
-Didnt ask about sick contacts or FH on Peds case, also asked leading questions
-Didnt drape one patient
-Interupted one patient and asked multiple questions which she pointed out. She volunteered a question that I forgot to ask. I'm hoping that she was trying to help but I just don't know.
On my notes I ran out of time alot b/c I'm a slow typer. I didnt include vitals even with fever. I didnt include some crucial tests that I performed. Some of my differentials were wacky.

On the flip side I was courteous with good eye contact, always washed hands, counseled all patients who smoke, drank, or had unprotected sex. I know that most people pass making more mistakes than me but I'm concerned b/c I hear horror stories of people that fail for no good reason. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

The results are about to be released beginning Oct. 12 and I'm getting antsy. I'm thinking more and more about mistakes I made including:

-On the same patient, I got a strange look when recapping history and she stated she couldn't understand what I was saying. Overall strange encounter. I'm hoping that it's a pilot that doesnt get scored.
-Didnt drape one patient
-Interupted one patient and asked multiple questions which she pointed out. She volunteered a question that I forgot to ask. I'm hoping that she was trying to help but I just don't know.
On my notes I ran out of time alot b/c I'm a slow typer. I didnt include vitals even with fever. I didnt include some crucial tests that I performed. Some of my differentials were wacky.

On the flip side I was courteous with good eye contact, always washed hands, counseled all patients who smoke, drank, or had unprotected sex. I know that most people pass making more mistakes than me but I'm concerned b/c I hear horror stories of people that fail for no good reason. Any thoughts?

That's the kiss of death for CS.. you're screwed.

Juust kidding. I bet the people who fail for "no good reason" are oblivious.. but it seems like you're a bit more aware. I made some mistakes on mine, too. All we can do is hope for the best come the next three wednesdays....

-Didnt drape one patient

It is hard to say who fails and who doesn't. I had a lot of mistakes on mine and I passed. I actually accidentally left an encounter with like 10 minutes left. I was born in the US and I didn't get a good score in Spoken English Prof. So to me it seems like the test is graded unequally for everyone. So try not to worry relax and I bet you it will be ok in the end.

Am also in the same boat as you guys. W8ing for oct 12 score release... I am a USIMG who took it in philly. Am still getting anxious when I remember the one case with the angry guy who responded curtly when I tried to CAGE him after he said that he drank 6 beers daily. I only asked him the C and did not bother to ask the rest of the AGE in order to avoid aggravating the guy further:rolleyes:. I figured he's cage positive since he's getting annoyed...Another case I was doing a neuro exam and touched the bottom of the patient's foot so I went back and washed my hands a 2nd time. I also used mnemonics like PAMHUGSFOSS, some1 told me that they fail you if you use mnemonics.:confused: So am really anxious that I will fail. And since I am an IMG that would be like an ultimate deathblow...:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Am also in the same boat as you guys. W8ing for oct 12 score release... I am a USIMG who took it in philly. Am still getting anxious when I remember the one case with the angry guy who responded curtly when I tried to CAGE him after he said that he drank 6 beers daily. I only asked him the C and did not bother to ask the rest of the AGE in order to avoid aggravating the guy further:rolleyes:. I figured he's cage positive since he's getting annoyed...Another case I was doing a neuro exam and touched the bottom of the patient's foot so I went back and washed my hands a 2nd time. I also used mnemonics like PAMHUGSFOSS, some1 told me that they fail you if you use mnemonics.:confused: So am really anxious that I will fail. And since I am an IMG that would be like an ultimate deathblow...:eek:

Never heard of that one... I doubt they would fail you for using a mnemonic. I think mnemonics could add to patient care.. I used SIGECAPS when I was considering depression..

I am a USIMG, I used PAM HUGS FOSS, SIGCAPS and CAGE. I passed and I had a couple of brutal mistakes. You guys will be fine. Good Luck