World~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zenith0000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey folks, quick question, how soon did you guys start using usmle world? did you start it when you started 2nd year? or toward the end of 2nd year? I heard that world is the most difficult one and is a waste of time if you start it too early but I also heard that it's helpful to start it early. Please help? Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

hey folks, quick question, how soon did you guys start using usmle world? did you start it when you started 2nd year? or toward the end of 2nd year? I heard that world is the most difficult one and is a waste of time if you start it too early but I also heard that it's helpful to start it early. Please help? Thanks guys.

I can tell you what I did. I got it, and used it, and USMLE Rx, along with my classes. I got through it one time, and then I took about a month break from UWorld.

Then when I started my month long study time for Step 1 I brought UWorld back into the picture. I don't remember most of the questions, as I have a bad short term memory.

I think 2 passes through is a good investment of time.

I personally think you shouldn't do UW before you start step 1 prep. It really helps integrate a lot of concepts together and is a great way to learn high yield facts.

If you want to do questions during 2nd year, USMLERx is good. It's cheaper too.

I can tell you what I did. I got it, and used it, and USMLE Rx, along with my classes. I got through it one time, and then I took about a month break from UWorld.

Then when I started my month long study time for Step 1 I brought UWorld back into the picture. I don't remember most of the questions, as I have a bad short term memory.

I think 2 passes through is a good investment of time.

Thanks for the input. If you don't mind, how did you do on the real thing and how much do you think going through world twice contributed to your score? thanks again

I personally think you shouldn't do UW before you start step 1 prep. It really helps integrate a lot of concepts together and is a great way to learn high yield facts.

If you want to do questions during 2nd year, USMLERx is good. It's cheaper too.

i agree 100% with this... UW during the school year is too much