Learning from U-World: How to make the most out of it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waytogo1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I want to do U-world questions with my current blocks before dedicated. How are you guys using this great resource?
Do you just read over explanations on questions you got wrong and then move on?
I've read posts where people say they are making anki cards but adding more cards to zanki deck seems like too much. I'm not even sure if I'll get through all zanki cards at this point.
I've also read where people made "diaries" on questions they got wrong--basically just typing out on a word doc or something.
I'm not sure what would be a best study method to approach U-world?
any thoughts on this would be awesome
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I want to do U-world questions with my current blocks before dedicated. How are you guys using this great resource?
Do you just read over explanations on questions you got wrong and then move on?
I've read posts where people say they are making anki cards but adding more cards to zanki deck seems like too much. I'm not even sure if I'll get through all zanki cards at this point.
I've also read where people made "diaries" on questions they got wrong--basically just typing out on a word doc or something.
I'm not sure what would be a best study method to approach U-world?
any thoughts on this would be awesome
thanks!

read all the explanations, even the wrong answer explanations, they are all gold! then you can do wrong/marked and type them in a notebook (in case if you will repeat them later, or do anki cards instead of it and review it). That's all. I totaly disagree with making notes of uworld into FA, because uworld has the educational objectives, and if I want, I can go through the objectives several days before the exam and go through FA seperatly, instead of making silly notes and thinking that I do something special, when indeeed uworld notes are already there, EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES. Don't do it, sounds silly ...

Hi let me give you a tip.

the best way to approach uworld (or any qs bank) is to do just 1 block/day. read all explanation, does not matter if you got it wrong or right, you have to make sure you understand every single sentence, uworld is now your holy bible. make anki card for every question and make sure your anki card covers not only the educational objective, but everything that they mentioned in the explanation.

after you make the cards, review them at the same day.

the next day, do another block, and do the same thing. if you have not finished reviewing, dont go to the next block. reviewing is what increase your score, not the number of question that you do.

dont use someone else's card, make your own and review it. the effect of flashcard doubles/triples/quadruples if you do that.

and you can take a look at my new thread: test taking strategies in usmle. I strongly believe your score can jump by applying my techniques!

good luck!

Reactions: 1 user