Workout?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Weirdy

Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds stupid but do yall have time to hit the gym or go for a run during 1st/2nd year?

I'm not talking ripped body builder status, just 2-3x for 30-45min a week.

During exams I get yall are swamped but overall, what's your schedule like for those of you who do work out? What time during the day works for you?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If all you do is sleep, eat, and study, you're doing something wrong. There will be time for whatever hobbies/interests are important to you, including making all kinds of gains.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
since i started (2nd year now), i went from deadlifting just the bar to 375 as of last week (bw 180). there were times when I was in the gym for 3 hours. if you want to do something, you'll find ways to manage your time to do it

Contrary to what a lot of people tell you, you will have plenty of time to do whatever you want in pod school. Yes you'll study a lot but I used to go out pretty much every weekend and work out every day for the first two years (except during finals week). As a 3rd year I have had even more free time. I'm just enjoying it as much as possible while I can.

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if this sounds stupid but do yall have time to hit the gym or go for a run during 1st/2nd year?

I'm not talking ripped body builder status, just 2-3x for 30-45min a week.

During exams I get yall are swamped but overall, what's your schedule like for those of you who do work out? What time during the day works for you?

Yes absolutely. I am very passionate about helping people in the medical field workout and live a healthy lifestyle. I have been able to maintain at least a 4x/week gym schedule and clean eating habits all throughout medical school and now through 2+ years of an obgyn residency. Even with a regular 80 hour work week, all of this is possible just as long as you create efficient workout routines and crafting a nice post work routine that is conducive to exercise. There are many strategies you can use to make it happen. Let me know if I can help in any way!

I was able to. It's not bad at all.