Working

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DickDastardly87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to hold down a part time job and make good grades? I was thinking about getting a job on-campus through a work study program, but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

Members don't see this ad.

If the job allows you to study during work hours it could work. I get paid to turn the computer for our class everyday, pretty sweet job. You couldn't get a job without being able to study or you will have no free time and grades would suffer. Get a sugar momma

Is it possible to hold down a part time job and make good grades? I was thinking about getting a job on-campus through a work study program, but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

On campus jobs are about your best bet for being able to study while "working". Desk jobs at the library or fitness center/gym at your school should provide these opportunities. You could also TA for anatomy (after you've successfully passed with a decent grade) and at least be reviewing something, although it won't help on your next exam.

I know some people who have several part time jobs and work a lot. I also know that they are not in the top 1/3 of the class. Decide what your where your priorities lie, but I don't recommend any job outside of library desk worker during your first semester of school.

I agree that a job where you can study would be ideal. I don't know if I would recommend considering a job for the first semester or two, at least until you know for sure that you can handle everything and that work won't affect your grades. Focus on school first, and then if you think you can manage after a few semesters, find an easy job somewhere that won't affect your schooling, IMO.