Working in Saudi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewGuyBob

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know where to find info on salaries, living arrangements, and in general, working as a physician in Saudi Arabia? The few sites I have visited have VERY limited info. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey friends

My name is Shahid and i have done My bachelors in dentistry in India, i am looking for ways to work in saudi aurabia, please help me in providing with the information of how to apply.my emai id is [email protected], It would be great help for me if any one on the student doctor net to provide the details.My Mobile phone number is 011919342425921 and my house number is 011918026711310

Regards

Shahid

iam from saudi arabia
regarding your question
there is three big cities in ksa
rhyiadh dammam and jeddah
jops in these three not easy unless you have rar specialities
but you can easy get jop in other cities
salary usually in menistry of health between 6000-20000 sr for for forigner
some hospitals give more
u$= 3.75(RS)

Members don't see this ad :)
Slightly off topic.

Anybody know what is the procedure for email/fax/post medical history related documenrs from King abdul aziz university hospital to a US dr?

My father is being treated in KAUH. I am a grad student in US. I wanted to know if anybody knows about the oncology department, how the treatment is?

mov580 said:
iam from saudi arabia
regarding your question
there is three big cities in ksa
rhyiadh dammam and jeddah
jops in these three not easy unless you have rar specialities
but you can easy get jop in other cities
salary usually in menistry of health between 6000-20000 sr for for forigner
some hospitals give more
u$= 3.75(RS)

Ive spoken with numerous people have worked with the Saudis as well as health officials in Dubai. It is my understanding that salary for foriegners is COMPLETELY dependant on what you are being paid in your home country. Meaning, a US physician making 150,000USD will make that *index factor (which is usually 2.0 for a high demand jobs) = 300,000USD while a similar physician from the Deutschland may only be making 50,000E in Berlin and get an offer of 50,000x2.0=100,000E or 127,000USD. Basically, far less than an American. I got this from Germans, Aussies and Brits who worked both in the US and with Saudis. Someone from India you could imagine would make very little by comparison.

Personally I wouldnt mind working in SA for the right price, mine would in the area of 600,000E/year with 8 weeks of vacation and 10% up front as a bonus.