Working at a Concentra PT clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scrawnyguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We were given the list this morning of the potential sites for our first clinical affiliation next fall. One of the sites is with a PT clinic that is colocated with an urgent care center. In addition to being just a few miles from me, my faculty advisor thinks it will give me the most well rounded experience of the potential sites. Does anyone have any experience working for Concentra? I've never really been to a large chain PT clinic before. There are also some locally owned clinics I can choose from.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
We were given the list this morning of the potential sites for our first clinical affiliation next fall. One of the sites is with a PT clinic that is colocated with an urgent care center. In addition to being just a few miles from me, my faculty advisor thinks it will give me the most well rounded experience of the potential sites. Does anyone have any experience working for Concentra? I've never really been to a large chain PT clinic before. There are also some locally owned clinics I can choose from.

Expect high volume, but you likely will get low lvl injury coming to the ER getting sent to you.

Reactions: 1 user
might also be a whole lotta crutch training

Members don't see this ad :)
Expect lots of workers comp.

Right now I'm leaning towards a locally owned clinic. A PTA friend
Expect lots of workers comp.

I've heard that from a few folks now. I'm leaning towards a locally owned clinic as my first choice. The Concentra clinic is only 3 miles from me which would be nice, but the feedback I've been getting about the clinic isn't all that great.

For what it's worth, I do think workmans comp has great military carryover. To me it's one of the more similar settings. I'm choosing to work in a similar setup for my first job as I wait on military application process.

For what it's worth, I do think workmans comp has great military carryover. To me it's one of the more similar settings. I'm choosing to work in a similar setup for my first job as I wait on military application process.
I actually hadn't thought about that aspect of it. Some of the members of the class above me said they had an overall positive experience there. I was hoping to be at an Air Force base just about 10 minutes from me but that site got nixed because of upcoming staff changes.