Workers Comp and Personal Injury Opportunities for Pain Physicians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparklesandstars

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been told by many that there is a lot of opportunity for pain physicians to work alongside PI and workers comp attorneys in treating their clients’ pain in addition to helping these attorneys work up these patients as part of the litigation process (ie drafting medical reports and depositions etc). Can any docs with experience with this type of work provide more details as I’m interested in learning more, in terms of both compensation and nature of work involved. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I have been told by many that there is a lot of opportunity for pain physicians to work alongside PI and workers comp attorneys in treating their clients’ pain in addition to helping these attorneys work up these patients as part of the litigation process (ie drafting medical reports and depositions etc). Can any docs with experience with this type of work provide more details as I’m interested in learning more, in terms of both compensation and nature of work involved. Thank you.

You're more or less being asked to be a warrior for truth and an advocate for justice. Working side by side with attorneys in a mutually respectful and collegial relationship you'll help correct institutional and systemic wrongs, fight for the "little guy," and advance the cause of jurisprudence for all.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
You're more or less being asked to be a warrior for truth and an advocate for justice. Working side by side with attorneys in a mutually respectful and collegial relationship you'll help correct institutional and systemic wrongs, fight for the "little guy," and advance the cause of jurisprudence for all.
:rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If only you can catch the ambulance.

I do a fair amount of WC and medicolegal/IME/etc. work. I purposefully keep it a small part of my practice for my own sanity. You can do it with integrity and make decent money. If you don't concern yourself with such things, I'm sure you could make a fortune.

There is alot of money to be made. It’s not that hard just reach out to some local attorneys who you see on the side of a bus. Set up a lunch. Tell them you will take liens(get paid 70% of charges 3 years from now) on their clients.

Auto is way more lucrative than wc in most states.

The money for the client and attorney is in the long term care that you will insist is medically necessary

Take one the seak courses on medico-legal writing.

Reactions: 2 users
OP, I thought you were a CA-1 anesthesiology resident. Policies and customs change with time. Check back in 3 years.

within 2 months of taking over the practice (that did no PI work), i had 2 separate legal firms set up appointments with me, the purpose being "how to improve communications and open channels of dialogue".

if you open up your own practice, id hazard that you dont have to worry, someone will come knocking.

Hahahahaha