Work prospects for US doc married to UK woman?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bucknasty

Bucknasty
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

ditto, would love to get more information about this. and general transition from US to UK process post-med school/post-residency

From what I've gathered, if I study in the UK and marry a UK woman, I've got a pretty normal shot at UK work. What if I study in the US and still marry the UK woman? Then what are the chances of getting decent work in the UK? I'm looking at 1. immediately post-graduation and 2. immediately after completing a US residency. Thanks all.

Is this a repeat thread of yours related to the same topic? http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=322574

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I've gathered, if I study in the UK and marry a UK woman, I've got a pretty normal shot at UK work. What if I study in the US and still marry the UK woman? Then what are the chances of getting decent work in the UK? I'm looking at 1. immediately post-graduation and 2. immediately after completing a US residency. Thanks all.

Is this purely hypothetical or are you planning to knock someone up?