Women's Imaging

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serenmoon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a second year med student interested in radiology residency and also completing a 1 year women's imaging fellowship. I envision doing mammography, bone densitometry and gyne imaging as well as general radiology as required of course. Anyone familiar with this training path ie. availability of jobs, salary, possible to find jobs doing this stuff 100%? Any information would be more than welcomed!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

There are a fair number of women's imaging fellowships out there. I've never looked at any specifically, but my understanding is that they mostly consist of mammo and ultrasound - possibly with a sprinkling of GU MRI.

Getting a job doing 100% women's imaging would either be at an academic center or a large private group. They might be a little hard to find. 100% mammo jobs are a little less rare outside of the ivory tower, but still somewhat hard to come by. Most of us in private practice do everything but maybe vascular IR.

Thanks for your response, Ringhal. I'm glad to hear IR is avoidable as that is really not my area of interest.