Women pharmacists and dating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crossurfingers

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My coworker (female pharmacist) on dating- "They're either intimidated by you (and your salary) or they can't afford you."

Is this really common? I've been off the market for awhile, so I can't go by my own personal experience. Or maybe she's just dating the wrong type of guys. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not a woman but I would imagine this is true.

My coworker (female pharmacist) on dating- "They're either intimidated by you (and your salary) or they can't afford you."

Is this really common? I've been off the market for awhile, so I can't go by my own personal experience. Or maybe she's just dating the wrong type of guys. :laugh:

Yes, yes and yes.

Finding a man who you are compatible with, share common interests, goals and ambitions with, is hard enough. On top of that, finding a guy who is comfortable with possibly having less education or having a lower income as you...HA!

Members don't see this ad :)
Before I get my a** kicked, hear me out. Forget about money, forget about interests, goals and ambitions. Find a man with common values and all of the other problems will go away.

I'm not saying this will be easy. But it's how you will find a partner to build a relationship with.

Before I get my a** kicked, hear me out. Forget about money, forget about interests, goals and ambitions. Find a man with common values and all of the other problems will go away.

I'm not saying this will be easy. But it's how you will find a partner to build a relationship with.

You're absolutely right. Actually, this is # 1 on my list...and it was the first thing I meant to write when I started my post, but I left it out. :D

Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device

Yes, yes and yes.

Finding a man who you are compatible with, share common interests, goals and ambitions with, is hard enough. On top of that, finding a guy who is comfortable with possibly having less education or having a lower income as you...HA!
what does it say about you when you're posting at 3:15 in the morning! ;)

I think some men may be intimidated. I agree with that.

Can't afford her? What does that mean? Does she expect the man to buy her everything when she is so educated and makes good money?

Or, does she do some type of (fee for service) work on the side, :laugh:?

I know I screen out the "ATM" girls that only want money. No matter how educated and intimidating they are.

I've been married for 16 years to a musician who is unlikely to ever make more money than me. To be blunt, if a guy likes you, it doesn't matter what your salary or education level is. If he says it matters, he isn't into you.

I mean, it's almost 2009, not 1959.

It's like the height issue; ie, the notion that tall girls have more trouble getting dates because guys have to be taller. Basically, tall girls with poor social skills use this as an excuse.

When I was single, I did avoid dating customers. Other than the potential turn-off of knowing what meds he's on and the possibility for ethical problems, I preferred to keep my personal and professional lives far, far apart.

I think some men may be intimidated. I agree with that.

Can't afford her? What does that mean? Does she expect the man to buy her everything when she is so educated and makes good money?

Or, does she do some type of (fee for service) work on the side, :laugh:?

I know I screen out the "ATM" girls that only want money. No matter how educated and intimidating they are.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what the OP meant by "can't afford her". I presumed they meant the man in said relationships didn't feel like he was contributing "enough" to their purchases/commitments as a couple.... not necessarily things solely for her; I'd never agree to the idea that a man should feel like he owes her (or me) anything. The best gifts someone can give of themselves have no price/monetary value to them.

A lot of my other close friends from school are facing these issues too though. Initially, he is comfortable with her income and financial contribution to the relationship. After some time when things become more serious, he isn't comfortable taking vacations, buying groceries, marriage and planning a future together. He'll say he's guilty, jealous, resentful, uncomfortable, ashamed...when she on the otherhand is perfectly fine with their situation, and what he contributes. Mostly because she can see that the contributions you make to eachother are more than just financial.

Anyways, I don't want to come off as someone who typecasts all men as being the same way...I know I personally hate it when people make blanket generalizations. Of course there are great men out there who would be happy to be with a woman with a strong education/professional background. Still, it is hard, being someone that can take care of herself...but looking for a companion/love that shares the same values/interests/goals/ambitions, etc. who is able to look past the social stigmas. ;)

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what the OP meant by "can't afford her". I presumed they meant the man in said relationships didn't feel like he was contributing "enough" to their purchases/commitments as a couple.... not necessarily things solely for her; I'd never agree to the idea that a man should feel like he owes her (or me) anything. The best gifts someone can give of themselves have no price/monetary value to them.

A lot of my other close friends from school are facing these issues too though. Initially, he is comfortable with her income and financial contribution to the relationship. After some time when things become more serious, he isn't comfortable taking vacations, buying groceries, marriage and planning a future together. He'll say he's guilty, jealous, resentful, uncomfortable, ashamed...when she on the otherhand is perfectly fine with their situation, and what he contributes. Mostly because she can see that the contributions you make to eachother are more than just financial.

Anyways, I don't want to come off as someone who typecasts all men as being the same way...I know I personally hate it when people make blanket generalizations. Of course there are great men out there who would be happy to be with a woman with a strong education/professional background. Still, it is hard, being someone that can take care of herself...but looking for a companion/love that shares the same values/interests/goals/ambitions, etc. who is able to look past the social stigmas. ;)

Personally, I am fine with a woman making more than me. I know I can feel like a "man" in other places in the house, if you catch my drift. :D

I want a partner and not someone that is not as intellectually or financially capable as I am.

Only time will tell if I ever shall be sucessful in that quest...:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
WOMEN PHARMACIST = HUMAN TOO !

They're even more desperate than usual women!!!! Why? Pm me and i'll tell u why!

-

Last edited:
Even though it is almost 2009, most women want to date a man who is at least as successful as they are. The problem is that those type of men have more options and 4 out of 5 times, they would rather date a younger and prettier woman than a smarter and richer woman.

So as successful women get older, they have 2 options: stay single or lower their standards. The latter option is more appealing for most women, and so they end up compromising and marrying a less successful guy. The end.

Even though it is almost 2009, most women want to date a man who is at least as successful as they are. The problem is that those type of men have more options and 4 out of 5 times, they would rather date a younger and prettier woman than a smarter and richer woman.

So as successful women get older, they have 2 options: stay single or lower their standards. The latter option is more appealing for most women, and so they end up compromising and marrying a less successful guy. The end.

The most understandale post. Yes, I am not a woman, end of discusion.

What if you're a smarter, richer, nicer, funnier, AND prettier woman - and you still can't get dates? :mad:

What if you're a smarter, richer, nicer, funnier, AND prettier woman - and you still can't get dates? :mad:

If you are all that, PM me. :laugh:

But seriously, that may mean your standards are high. There's nothing wrong with that but when you have high standards, the number of men that would meet your standards is very small. Therefore, it is much harder to find someone.

Another problem is that women with high standards usually refuse to initiate. They still want the guy to spend copious hours chasing after them. But they dont realize that most successful guys don't have that kind of time. We are too busy making money!

It is the same with men. If successful men want to date a woman who is successful, rich, pretty, funny and young, we would also have a hard time finding someone. But, men are generally more realistic than women and would be happy to just settle someone who is young and pretty.

Another thing, women tend to be too rationale. If a guy doesn't go after them, they usually tell themselves, "I am just too successful or pretty for him. He is just too intimidated". It is never their fault. It is not because they are too stuck up or the 5 pounds they gained after Christmas. So they never change and hold on to hope that one day their Prince Charming will come.

Or it could be another reason. One rich, smart, successful, handsome guy told me "You're the woman of my dreams. You're hot, smart, funny, and have a killer body." Then his phone rang, and I asked who it was, and he said "oh that was my wife and kids, they're expecting me home."

OH SNAP.

I have not seen even 1 medical female doctor who is pretty in my life. But I have seen many pretty, hot nurses. I guess getting a girlfriend nurse is better than a female doctor.

You need to get out more ;)

Could this thread get any more stereotypical? I am sure that there is a hot female doctor somewhere out there. :rolleyes:

To Old Timer: Thank you so much for your response!

Yea on HOUSE. Cameron is hott:love:.

LOL:laugh::laugh: I'd say cuddy too !! I mean she's a little older but that shapely ass ain't goin nowhere!

" One small feel for a man, one giant ass for mankind." :D

House is awesome.

Or it could be another reason. One rich, smart, successful, handsome guy told me "You're the woman of my dreams. You're hot, smart, funny, and have a killer body." Then his phone rang, and I asked who it was, and he said "oh that was my wife and kids, they're expecting me home."

OH SNAP.

Who would want those guys? They are indeed liars. Bet ya they say the same thing to their wife :p

I have not seen even 1 medical female doctor who is pretty in my life. But I have seen many pretty, hot nurses. I guess getting a girlfriend nurse is better than a female doctor.

Are you kidding me? I've seen so many of them out there. I'm a guy and I can not help but notice.
You know what I think? I think you're intimidated by them and hence you're looking for some one at a lower standard than you (I notice you're a pharmacy student) such as nurses. You think that you're not in their (female doctors) league. :p
I honestly think you should look at doctors, female doctors with your head straight, you'll be amazed how pretty and beautiful they are, eps. when they're working

you got it!:D

Are you kidding me? I've seen so many of them out there. I'm a guy and I can not help but notice.
You know what I think? I think you're intimidated by them and hence you're looking for some one at a lower standard than you (I notice you're a pharmacy student) such as nurses. You think that you're not in their (female doctors) league. :p
I honestly think you should look at doctors, female doctors with your head straight, you'll be amazed how pretty and beautiful they are, eps. when they're working

I agree! There are some very pretty and intelligent female doctors working. Keep your eyes open. :)

I lucked out and married a classmate of mine that was in my class in pharmacy school. He still makes more money than me now though because I took a more cushy job that pays a bit less :p ....but we'd like to get him a job like mine when another spot becomes available. :xf:

Thank you, my fellow pharmacy friends for sticking up for us M.D. ladies! No wonder doctors and pharmacists tend to get along well :)

You guys ROCK!!!

On that note (don't kill me guys please) but I have noticed that medical students and pharmacy students who date tend to get along really well...much more so than other healthcare professions...I wonder why.

So now I realize that every rich, handsome male pharmacist I see when I'm a rich, pretty doctor, I will make a pass at. At some point one of these guys will want to impregnate me.

That way, I won't be alone with all my money when we marry. We will have 2 mansions, 2 Porsches, 2 jacuzzis instead of 1 of each ;)

I have to disagree bc that's the problem with alot of relationships that don't make it bc they don't take into account other things about expenses. Think about it if ur paying 70% of the bills and he's not that can be a problem especially if he doesn't wine and dine u as before. The problem with people today is that they may have "values" temporarily but after a few months or years that can change then what are u left with??

So now I realize that every rich, handsome male pharmacist I see when I'm a rich, pretty doctor, I will make a pass at. At some point one of these guys will want to impregnate me.

That way, I won't be alone with all my money when we marry. We will have 2 mansions, 2 Porsches, 2 jacuzzis instead of 1 of each ;)

First, you are more likely to find the Holy Grail than a rich, handsome male pharmacist.

Second, you will be a doctor so you will be financially more stable than a pharmacist. Don't lower your standards too soon.

Third, why would you need two jacuzzis?

I have to disagree bc that's the problem with alot of relationships that don't make it bc they don't take into account other things about expenses. Think about it if ur paying 70% of the bills and he's not that can be a problem especially if he doesn't wine and dine u as before. The problem with people today is that they may have "values" temporarily but after a few months or years that can change then what are u left with??

Please read my post carefully. It's values that determine how you deal with things. The problem is too many people today don't have any. All the sexual innuendos in this thread aside, it's people's differing values that cause conflict whether this is about money, sex, power or anything else in a relationship.

"Think about it if ur paying 70% of the bills and he's not that can be a problem"

This sounds like you want at least a 50/50 or more effort on paying the bills. Maybe some spouses are better at making money and other spouses make less money but spend more time taking care of your parents and children.

The bottom line is there is no absolute fairness in a relationship. There is only an understood perception of fairness. If you can't live with a man possibly making less money and contributing only 30% to the bills then most likely, you won't perceive it as fair and the relationship wouldn't work for you. (This is not always the case for other people)

I believe the number one reason why couples stay together for the long run is because they value "staying together" no matter what happens or how their other values may change or not change.

Last edited:
Is this thread about dating or serious relationship/marriage because I have no problem dating a variety of women because its about the compatibility in a "fling" but when I want something serious down in life (19 P1) I stick to my values, I want to be able to take care of wifey so {my salary> or equal :) her salary}

To be quite honest, I try to avoid dating women pharmacists knowing very well that they tend to be cynical and bitter having worked in the trenches of retail. On the other hand, I've noticed that they tend to be more happy and pleasant in the hospital arena.....:laugh:

On that note (don't kill me guys please) but I have noticed that medical students and pharmacy students who date tend to get along really well...much more so than other healthcare professions...I wonder why.

Pssssssh, if I wasn't in a relationship... I'd take you up on that offer. Nothing wrong about a female doctor dating a male pharmacist... your already thinking about kidlets... ut ohs.

My gf is actually going to medical school and I like to think we get along pretty well aside from throwing things at me occassionally. ;)

First, you are more likely to find the Holy Grail than a rich, handsome male pharmacist.

Second, you will be a doctor so you will be financially more stable than a pharmacist. Don't lower your standards too soon.

Please no beating on us poor pharmacist. :p

As for the second, it depends... I know some pharmacist who make upwards of 200k.

Third, two jacuzzis... don't ca know what you can do with two jacuzzis...

First, there are many rich, handsome male pharmacists! What are you talking about. Why are you trying to make this poor MD girl feel bad :(

Second, why does it matter if I lower my standards if I like the person? If I marry another male doctor, he will leave me for one of the pretty nurses (although I highly doubt she'll be prettier than me since not many women are, excuse my arrogance) if I marry a male pharmacist, he might just appreciate me. Unless he meets a hotter female pharmacist who knows how to work it.

Third, as for the jacuzzis, I will have one jacuzzi in my bathroom, and he will have one jacuzzi in the backseat of his Porsche filled with hot women in bikinis (as long as they're not hotter than me).

He'll never leave me :)

First, there are many rich, handsome male pharmacists! What are you talking about. Why are you trying to make this poor MD girl feel bad :(

Second, why does it matter if I lower my standards if I like the person? If I marry another male doctor, he will leave me for one of the pretty nurses (although I highly doubt she'll be prettier than me since not many women are, excuse my arrogance) if I marry a male pharmacist, he might just appreciate me. Unless he meets a hotter female pharmacist who knows how to work it.

Third, as for the jacuzzis, I will have one jacuzzi in my bathroom, and he will have one jacuzzi in the backseat of his Porsche filled with hot women in bikinis (as long as they're not hotter than me).

He'll never leave me :)

Oh, boy... I think I've heard this argument before.

NURSES = LOTS OF FUN!!! LOL

Ive met doctors and dentists at clubs/bars, but never a pharmacist. Where are you women pharmacists!!!? lol

What if I marry a really hot male nurse or PA? Both made a pass at me the other day.

Seriously, no matter who you marry to, "love" should be a reason. I believe that any marriage couple based on money, or beauty will suffer from money, or beauty later. If you think your spouse is beautiful and you want to marry her, come back 5 years later to see how you change your mind. The only true beauty is when you regconize yourself in other person.

i mean if you want to call urself ugly man be out..im i know handsome..i get that compliment everyday...:D:D

i have a female pharmacist manager. She is in her 40s and not even married. I can understand why she is not married because she is like a feministic witch. She goes through one of her menopausal episodes where she completely verbally abuses her technician or clerk co-workers. I can't even imagine how a man can live with her.