women in ortho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was talking to an ortho intern the other day, and he said some residency programs are opposed to taking women while others are specifically looking for women. Do you all know of any programs that are interested in taking women? What is the general attitude at your program about women going into ortho?

Members don't see this ad.

I know some of the cali programs actively seek out female applicants. In general, it seems like the big name institutions like to promote diversity....females in surgery/subspecialties are the minority.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I read this thread title I thought it was a joke thread. But after clicking on it you seem serious about being a woman and going into ortho. Good Luck!

When I read this thread title I thought it was a joke thread. But after clicking on it you seem serious about being a woman and going into ortho. Good Luck!

Are you saying this as if that would be a problem if that is what she aspires to do?