With 1 week to go, my weakness is Surgery?! Any hints?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Informer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm avg ~62% in Qbank right now, I'm taking the COMLEX in 1 week. My biggest weakness is Surgery (54%)

Should I run out and buy underground vignettes or something?

I'm using
FA Step 2
Boards and Wards
Blueprints OB, Blueprints Peds, Blueprints Psych
UCV Peds

Only thing that really has surgery is Boards and Wards, but that section seems a little weak or has nothing to do with QBank questions

Also, My avg is 62%, but lately its around 65% Should I be worried right now?

Members don't see this ad.

The vast majority of my surgery had to do with either blood, fluids or the GI/biliary tract. UC/Crohn's dz, gall bladder, hepatitis and other liver, diverticulosis. I would not go get anything else at this point. Keep doing questions and consider the tutorial mode, where you get to see the answer after you do the question. This way, you get to read the explanation all the way through and figure out where your thinking went wrong.

Forget/stop worrying about paying attention to the Qbank score. Set up an organized study plan of what you will go through every day. By subject, i.e., Monday morning peds, Monday afternoon OB. Tuesday morning surgery, Tuesday afternoon medicine. Don;t skip from subject to subject - start in one book and then go to another book within the same subject. This way you are hammering facts into a category.

Congrats on being done in a week! ;-)

Informer said:
I'm avg ~62% in Qbank right now, I'm taking the COMLEX in 1 week. My biggest weakness is Surgery (54%)

Should I run out and buy underground vignettes or something?

I'm using
FA Step 2
Boards and Wards
Blueprints OB, Blueprints Peds, Blueprints Psych
UCV Peds

Only thing that really has surgery is Boards and Wards, but that section seems a little weak or has nothing to do with QBank questions

Also, My avg is 62%, but lately its around 65% Should I be worried right now?