Winter Pre-Reqs in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Genjitsu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to know if anyone has taken PT pre-reqs in the winter in NYC, and where I can apply to take my courses in the city.

I'm looking forward to applying to PT school within the next 2 years as I complete my pre-reqs and observational hours. As it's obviously too late to begin this fall, I'd like to start as soon as possible this winter. Since I live in NYC, it only makes sense to take courses here, at a Cuny school or community college.
The websites are pretty confusing, and they seem to update their course list late into the fall practically just before classes start.

These are the courses I need to take before applying:
Physics I & II
Anatomy/Physiology I & II
Chemistry I & II
Calculus

Any help is appreciated. Thank you all!

Members don't see this ad.

its doable to get all those taken before next fall because they normally will have one or two "II" classes in the fall, even though most of them are "I" classes, and take some over the summer as well. I'd just be cautious bc taking all these classes so that you can get in for next fall you might be get the grades that you want if you had more time to devote to them. So instead of A's you could get B's or even C's. But its doable, would i do all of these in an attempt to get into next fall, no. There are schools that start in summers as well, not sole in the fall.

I struggled with your same question as I prepared to take prereqs this past summer and now in the fall in NYC. I suggest you look at New York City College of Technology ("Citytech") as they have a lot of course availability. There are quite a few CUNY schools, but only some will offer the courses you want to take at a particular time. I went through each school's course offerings at the CUNY course schedule site. I eliminated each school that either did not offer the courses I needed, or were geographically undesirable to me. I think that is a good place to start. One reason I settled upon Citytech was the availability of many courses and sections for what I needed as prereqs.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been looking at Borough of Manhattan Community College. Though I realized last night that the per-credit cost for nondegree students is much more than I thought it would be. (Plus, I'm an out-of-stater for several months still, which makes it worse.)

did you have any luck with this? hardly any of the CUNY schools have science winter session courses. I did find some at Kingsborough but if you have ever called them to talk about their application process its confusing and doesnt make sense. There is a lot of calling around and waiting. Sigh..