Matching Pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Have.A.Gait.Day

Reaction score
Do you think they look at what level/type of pre-req was taken. For example, I took multiple psychology courses: intro, sports, and psychopathology. I got the best grade in intro but would you think it looks better if I designate my sports psychology course as the pre-req instead.

I was thinking of course intro would boost my pre-req GPA but maybe they'll be intrigued by the fact I took sport psych. However, they get my whole transcript, they'll see that I took it there.

The difference in grade is an A and A-.

Members don't see this ad.

When I spoke to the schools I am applying to, they said to but the best grade. The example they gave was if you got a B in Micro and are super proud, but got an A in Intro Bio. put the A to boost your GPA. (That of course only works if you have the flexibility to choose between Micro and Intro)

In your case I would choose the higher grade.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard from some schools that they will go back in and match the prereqs themselves too. Just to make sure everything lined up but everyone always said to put your highest grade that meets the requirement

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think they look at what level/type of pre-req was taken. For example, I took multiple psychology courses: intro, sports, and psychopathology. I got the best grade in intro but would you think it looks better if I designate my sports psychology course as the pre-req instead.

I was thinking of course intro would boost my pre-req GPA but maybe they'll be intrigued by the fact I took sport psych. However, they get my whole transcript, they'll see that I took it there.

The difference in grade is an A and A-.

No, pick the course with the best grade. If the grade is the same, pick the course with more units. Pre-requs are just check marks to make you eligible. They are not looking deep into details.

Reactions: 1 user