Wingate University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sailingallalone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was about to fill out the supplemental they have a question about campus prefrence (main Wingate campus or Hendersonville satellite campus). Does anybody know any differences between the two campuses besides location and class size? Does the satellite campus automatically receive Wingate's accreditation status?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello SailingAllAlone!

I'm a current P2 at Wingate, so I think I can answer your question. There is NO difference between the two locations (other than them being two locations and Hendersonville having fewer students per class). Both campuses receive the SAME lectures via satellite (sometimes lectures are from Hendersonville, but usually they are broadcast from Wingate). The two campuses share accreditation and everything else. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to hijack this thread, but is this school accredited?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hijack this thread, but is this school accredited?

only took a 10 second google search.

type in "google.com" hit the enter key

search the term "wingate pharmacy"

click on the first search result.

You should now be at the wingate pharmacy school homepage.

click on the tab on the top right corner titled "About Us"

Voila! it says they are ____________

if you follow the above steps, you will arrive at your answer.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

Thanks SPWUSOP2015! I ended up applying and got an interview at Wingate today!!! :)

This seems like a really great school, and all the students from there that have posted on this forum have had nothing but praise for the program. What has your overall experience been like so far? Is there anything unique (good or bad) that you discovered after you started?

I also got an interview today for October the 12th. I was wondering if anyone could give some insight as to the type of interview questions or what the group discussion is about? It is my first interview and I am so nervous!!

I also got an interview today for October the 12th.

Did you ever get a confirmation email with all the details? Jean said on the phone that she would be sending it within a few minutes but two days later I still haven't gotten it...

Hey all, I am a p4 at Wingate and would be happy to share my thoughts to anyone who wants to know about the school!

I don't know know where to begin so if you have any particular questions just let me know!

As far as prior q's I've seen floating around...The hendersonville campus is distance learning-if thats your thing. The main campus is new, and state of the art. The school is expensive, but very proactive in the pharmacy realm-while it doesn't have the name recognition of Chapel Hill I have found on my rotations that the Wingate student's knowledge base is superior to that of the chapel hill students, don't come across many Campbell students anymore, but it has become the third-tier school in the state. Wingate is about 45 minutes outside of Charlotte, which is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. The area is growing a lot...

...I was attracted to the school because they gave me a feeling of comfort/cohesion that I didnt experience at the other schools-almost family like. It has gotten much bigger the past couple years though so I'm not sure how the newer classes view it.

I had a 3.65 pharmcas gpa and a 65 on the pcat...interviewed in march and got my acceptance letter a few days later. 2k deposit was rough, and forced my hand on picking schools.

I got into academic trouble my first year and the comfortable atmosphere quickly turned, but that was my doing. So, as long as you don't dig yourself in too deep most will enjoy it here. Don't expect them to do you any favors as they essentially write you off instead of remediate if you fail a class(you have to get a C to pass). There has been A LOT of turnover in professors over the past year-take that for what its worth.

I had a 3.65 pharmcas gpa and a 65 on the pcat...interviewed in march and got my acceptance letter a few days later. 2k deposit was rough, and forced my hand on picking schools.

Holy smokes that's a fat deposit. How much time did they give you to make your decision? And do you get any of your deposit back if you decide to back out?

You have 2 weeks to to send the check in and secure your spot. I am not sure about any refund, although I doubt you would see it back. We had one student in our class drop out for another school p1 year. Everyone else stuck it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to this school. I just submitted the supplemental a couple of days ago but my Pharmcas has not been verified yet.:)

You have 2 weeks to to send the check in and secure your spot. I am not sure about any refund, although I doubt you would see it back. We had one student in our class drop out for another school p1 year. Everyone else stuck it out.

Wow that's harsh. Thanks for the heads up!

I applied to this school. I just submitted the supplemental a couple of days ago but my Pharmcas has not been verified yet.:)

Good luck! :)

SailingAllAlone,

Sorry for completely ignoring your earlier questions, I'm a P2 and this semester has been completely BRUTAL. The housing situation: You are on your own. Jean Tarlton will bombard you with emails when you get accepted about apartments/houses for rent, but it is down to you to find a place to live. That is how it is for most Pharmacy programs. Do you have any other questions? I don't know if you've already interviewed yet or not?

Dean Supernaw just announced today at the State of the School address that they will have housing available on campus for the incoming class. I don't know any of the details yet, but I know Jean Tarlton will.

Hey all, I am a p4 at Wingate and would be happy to share my thoughts to anyone who wants to know about the school!

How much can a student get in scholarships at Wingate per year? Thanks.

There are several opportunities for scholarships but there is a lot of competition. Most are not available until you are atleast a p2.

There are several opportunities for scholarships but there is a lot of competition. Most are not available until you are atleast a p2.

Thank you for that info.

Thank you for that info.
There are some scholarships that they give to P1s, but they automatically consider everyone for those and they will notify you if you received it. Unfortunately, most of us rely on loans.

I interview on 12/14. I'm nervous and excited. What's the interview structured like? I'd appreciate any insight you guys/gals can give.

Got a background check email today but am out of town so I can't check my mail. Maybe this is what it is about?

@AugustWest1 This is what what is about? You do get background checked by the school, but I'm not sure what you are referring to in your post...

I was saying that while out of town, I received a request for a background check which ultimately was from Wingate meaning that I had been accepted. Sorry about the confusion.

I was saying that while out of town, I received a request for a background check which ultimately was from Wingate meaning that I had been accepted. Sorry about the confusion.
@August Congrats on your acceptance!

FYI: If you have been accepted, there is now a WUSOP 2017 facebook group...go find it! There are lots of current students who are also a part of the group to answer your questions! :)

I got a call for interview in march! Any advice, its going to be my first time

The college of pharmacy is really spectacular. Dean Supernaw really stresses how progressive the curriculum is and the faculty and students were all very nice. You will be broken up into groups and given a set time to solve a problem that you may face in the real world of pharmacy and each member of the group will have to present a small part of the presentation. It's not as hard as it may sound. You will also be interviewed by two faculty members for maybe 30 minutes. Mine was closed file and my interviewers were super nice and funny as well. You will also take a tour of the facilities and they are top notch from what I saw in comparison of my other interviews. At the end, you will go back to their "stadium seating" classroom where they introduce all or many of the faculty members and you can ask any questions that you may have. I thought it was a great experience and I love the structured yet laid back atmosphere. The fact that you were invited is a great thing and you're going to do fine. Just be relaxed and enjoy it. It was a really fun experience! Feel free to pm me if you want to know anything else that I didn't cover here.

@FM RELAX and be yourself! As a P2 that is my biggest advice for interviewing. They want to get to know you, not who you may pretend to be during an interview. Congrats on the interview!

Thanks! I will do all my best to present myself. I have heard good things about Wingate. I cant wait to join u guys. If anybody has not sent applications yet, its a good time to do so. Pharmcas just announced today that the dead line has been postponed to March 1st

Did anybody heard back from Wingate? what was the interview date? Pls share your experiences

Hey FMPharmD,
What date is your interview in March? When did you submit?
I just got my confirmation email, wondering how long does it take for me to hear from them?
Is the class full yet?
Thank you!

Myru-
If they are still interviewing, the class is not full.
If you just got confirmation of an interview date, you'll hear back from them in less than a week after the interview(I think they send them out that Monday).
If you just got confirmation that they received your application-it is hard to determine when they will get back to you. It depends on if they are still interviewing.
Hope that helps!

Hey FMPharmD,
What date is your interview in March? When did you submit?
I just got my confirmation email, wondering how long does it take for me to hear from them?
Is the class full yet?
Thank you!

My interview date was march 8! Today! I submitted in January. I heard from them a month later. I interviewed a month later.

I hope you will definitely make it to the interview. It was a great afternoon that i enjoyed every piece of it.

I am wait listed. Its not a bad news, but not comforting at the same time. I thought i did well on the interview and group discussion. Is there anyone wait listed?

I received an interview invite today for April 5th! I'm crossing my fingers.

Congrats! I don't know if your letter told you or not, but there is a Facebook group for the class of 2017. Several people from the current P1&P2 classes are members of the group and are happy to answer any/all questions you might have. It's also a great way to get to know your classmates/find a roommate if you need one.