Wingate University Application Cycle 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

f5fury101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else going for an interview at Wingate School of Pharmacy on October 21st?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I just submitted my application and received an e-mail from Wingate saying that they had received my completed file today. How long did it take for them to get back to you with an interview date? Thanks!

They received my application Monday 10/10 and I was offered the interview on Tuesday 10/11.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! You must have a really outstanding application to get such an early interview. According to PharmCAS, most interviews are schedule between January and March.

Is Wingate your first choice school?

I just got an interview later on today. Mine is scheduled for Nov. 11th. There was another option for Oct. 28 but I didn't take it because it is too early for me.

Where are you coming from for the interview?

Congratulations on your interview! They accept on a rolling admissions basis so an early interview is a really good sign. I attend Wingate as an undergrad. If you have any questions about the area just let me know! Where are you from?

Thanks! I'm from CA.

Do you know if it's possible to push back the interview date even further? I don't know if I could commit to the school so early on in the application cycle. A deposit of $2000 is pretty steep and I still have yet to hear from other schools.

Do you mind if I PM you? I don't want to unnecessarily flood this thread with my personal Wingate questions.

I am sure that would be possible they interview people usually through March I believe. Feel free to pm me.

Anyone else going for an interview at Wingate School of Pharmacy on October 21st?

I'm also going on the 21st. I scheduled my interview the day they offered... which was but a day after they received my application.

I received a phone call today from Wingate.... They received my application this morning and I got a phone call this afternoon for an interview on October 21st as well....

My interview date is also Nov 11th. Flying there from CA also.

Im taking the 6:30 AM flight from LAX to Fort Worth to Charlotte on thursday Nov 10 if anyone is going to be on the same one. :)

Last edited:
Hi guys I interviewed on the 21st, and received my acceptance letter today! Anyone else heard back yet?

Hi guys I interviewed on the 21st, and received my acceptance letter today! Anyone else heard back yet?

CONGRATS glenn! Have you turned in your decision to attend?

Do you mind sharing your interview experiences? How many people were there? What kind of questions did they ask? What did you do for the group project, etc.?

Glenn,

I also received my acceptance letter today! Congrats to you!!!

Tiffany

People who are accepted, can you please post your stats on here? GPA? PCAT? so we get an idea of competition this year

Received my acceptance letter within a week of interviewing! 3.1 GPA, 69% PCAT. 4 strong letters of recommendation, an exhaustive resume, 4 months of work experience at Walgreens, a year of shadowing at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa... these, along with my degree (B.S. Biology, Health Professions & Research), solidified my application. A native of San Antonio, I graduated at 21 from Univ. of the Incarnate Word (Feik School of Pharmacy's home) and am now interning in Baton Rouge 'til I move to North Carolina...

:thumbup:

I have already sent in my deposit! The way that the dean, professors and students sell the school is amazing and the new building is immaculate. My stats, 3.9 GPA, 83 PCAT, two summers of pharmacy work experience and lots of community service.

Wow. Great stats! Thanks for sharing, and congrats to all who got in so far.

On the other hand, I hope interview will going smoothly this week. Anybody have any tips to best prepare for it?

Just be yourself! And I also agree about the staff and students, they are incredible!

Looks like I'll be laying down the deposit for this school! Good luck to all!

I have been accepted to 2 schools in FL (my home state) and a school in Maryland... but I have chosen Wingate as my pharmacy school of choice! Wingate had a beautiful campus and the opportunities seemed endless! The teachers really seemed to care and I got a home-y feeling that I just didn't feel anywhere else! Im excited to get to know my future classmates!