Windsor SOM and Student Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SomedayClinPhD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a friend who is at Windsor SOM and is struggling with finances. Do you know what his financial options might be? Is he eligible for federal loans (he's a US Student studying at Windsor) or are private high interest loans the only option available? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated as I'm not so familiar with loans and such.

Members don't see this ad.

He is not eligible for federal loans. There are only 3 Caribbean schools that have federal loans and Windsor isn't one of them.

I heard that students from these kinds of schools do some business program to get more loans, called davenport? Not really sure how it works though.

He is not eligible for federal loans. There are only 3 Caribbean schools that have federal loans and Windsor isn't one of them.

I heard that students from these kinds of schools do some business program to get more loans, called davenport? Not really sure how it works though.

Agree with above. You'll have to dig through the forum to find more about this.

There is also a lot more specific info at ValueMD for Windsor.
http://www.valuemd.com/windsor-university-school-medicine/

Hope that helps... :D

There is no federal loan for Windsord.