WIMU Program at WSU Concerns for Faculty Connections/Experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riderrapidash

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, wondering if anyone who's been through/is currently in/is going into the WIMU program (specifically at Utah State) would be willing to talk with me? I have some concerns regarding the programs and moving between them. Washington's staff and ambassadors have been super kind and helpful and I honestly get an amazing feel for the program, but as someone who wants to get into residency I'm worried I won't be able to make as strong of connections to faculty as the students who would be at the Pullman campus all four years (prime example is the neuro professor; I'm interested in specializing in neuro, but she's apparently at Pullman. I wouldn't be able to even really know her until third year at the very earliest, I assume). I'm also concerned about research, and not being able to continue if I began a long-term project at Utah. I'd love any insight anyone has!

Members don't see this ad.

This will not be an issue trust me😊 Logan has an amazing programs with connections. They *used to* (idk if they still do) but a summer program for you guys to come up and "work" in specific speciality departments in the vth. I had multiple of my Logan cohorts who are now matched into residency. Year 3 and 4 are going to be your crucial years for connecting pullman or Logan. If you start research at Logan many of my classmates finished their projects either by the time they moved or end of school and had a partner faculty member in pullman. The faculty have extensive experience with the split programs. It won't be a problem and so long as you keep at it getting into internship and residency won't be an issue either.

Reactions: 1 users
This will not be an issue trust me😊 Logan has an amazing programs with connections. They *used to* (idk if they still do) but a summer program for you guys to come up and "work" in specific speciality departments in the vth. I had multiple of my Logan cohorts who are now matched into residency. Year 3 and 4 are going to be your crucial years for connecting pullman or Logan. If you start research at Logan many of my classmates finished their projects either by the time they moved or end of school and had a partner faculty member in pullman. The faculty have extensive experience with the split programs. It won't be a problem and so long as you keep at it getting into internship and residency won't be an issue either.
Thank you so much for this!!! Your response honestly relieved a ton of the worries I had!