William Carey University Masters of Biomedical Science Program 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vinny

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Those are questions that you should ask the school itself. Many students who do well in the Mississippi College SMP have a high matriculation rate into WCU-COM, so I believe their SMP would be similar.

I Applied to this program as well, but have been wait listed. From what I hear they usually go pretty far down the waiting list since WC is not people's first choice. So there's still hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I was accepted into this program as well. I was also wondering if anyone had any insight about the program and getting into the medical school.

Thanks

Hey Everyone!

Glad to hear that several of you have gotten accepted or are interested in the WCUCOM MBS program! As someone who was in the MBS program, I can assure you that if you have been accepted, It is because they believe that you have a strong chance of becoming a doctor (medical/dental/research), pending on your performance in the program.This program only accepts a small number of students for a reason and that is because they believe that you have the qualities/character/ motivation to become a great doctor if given the opportunity. If you decide to come here next year and are interested in going to medical school here than I would suggest meeting with Dr. Weir (dean of admin.) and discuss what areas of your application need improving, whether it be retaking the mcat, shadowing, LORs,volunteering etc. Out of the 19 Master's students this year, the vast majority of us have gotten into DO, MD or Dental school. This year there were 11 students that applied to WCUCOM and 9 were accepted. Many of MBS students have gotten multiple acceptances at several well known schools. I've received multiple offers and have decided to stay here for med school. The staff is very supportive and they really want you to succeed! If you have any questions, contact the MBS program director, Dr. Roark.

Last edited:
I got accepted yesterday! I was told yesterday they ranked the waitlist, but the class was full.