Will this help me??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tewbad

Intern
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in a PGY-1 osteopathic transitional year seeking a Radiology PGY2 position for either July 2009 or 2010. I have taken Comlex Levels 1 and 2 (90/92) and USMLE Level 1 (222/90). Some of the chatter around me at my current program is suggesting that I take USMLE step 2 to strengthen my application, but I'm not really convinced that it will make a huge difference (I'm assuming I'll score 220-230/90-92).

My plan now is to apply for programs to start in 2010 and do research next year or scour the internet daily waiting for programs to post vacancies for July 2009.

Thanks for any help......

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently in a PGY-1 osteopathic transitional year seeking a Radiology PGY2 position for either July 2009 or 2010. I have taken Comlex Levels 1 and 2 (90/92) and USMLE Level 1 (222/90). Some of the chatter around me at my current program is suggesting that I take USMLE step 2 to strengthen my application, but I'm not really convinced that it will make a huge difference (I'm assuming I'll score 220-230/90-92).

My plan now is to apply for programs to start in 2010 and do research next year or scour the internet daily waiting for programs to post vacancies for July 2009.

Thanks for any help......

What's your question?

Should you take Step 2? I'd say yes but only if you could break a 240. And with your Step 1 score I see no reason why you wouldn't be able, esp with some high velocity high amplitude studying. (ha! sorry, bad joke).

G'luck.