Will the other Michael B. W. please stand up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chameleonknight

Friggin go away, freaks.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Listen to this:

I get a letter from LSU-New Orleans saying that my secondary has not been recieved. I found this extremely odd, considering they had managed to cash the check a week before. I call the Admissions office who cooly tells me they have NOTHING,check, app,etc. I explain that I have a cancelled check saying otherwise. "No sir, you must be mistaken."

So, I sez, "It says on the back of this cancelled check, which was made out to LSU school of medicine, 'For Deposit Only,State of Louisiana Treasury Dept., For Account of LSUMC General Fund, Medicine - Admissions Office'. "

She pauses...."hold please"

As it turns out, the Admissions people had stuck my app in a file with an identical first and last name, as well as middle initial.

So, if you are out there...I have words for you, Michael B. W.

j/k It's all good! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Thats magically, what a coincidence.....hilarious:laugh:

The Lesson: Change your first name to something no one else will likely to use, like Hitler or Osama

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a real lesson that this teaches. If you don't hear from a school CALL THEM. By the time you realize that THEY SCREWED UP, you may be OUT OF THE GAME!

Sorry to be so passionate about this one. I am this way because I'm always hearing from applicants that they don't wanna call to check because they're afraid they'll look bad by somehow bothering the admissions staff.

Good luck!

my friend's dad and some other guy who has the same name and lives in the same town were always being mixed up by the insurance companies. so when he went to the hospital one time, and the doc pulls up some old charts. he says he was here a year ago for getting his spleen removed, or something like that. he's like, no i wasn't. and the doc kept insisting that he ahd this surgery it was on the chart. and he's like noo. then they realized that it was just somebody with the same exact name from the same town.

Neuronix,

That's exactly why I did call them. :) But you're right. This whole experience reminded to call the other schools as well, and it turns out that one school I thought I was complete at like 3 weeks ago is missing a LOR. argh

I still wanna meet this guy. Come on, buddy, show your face.