Will the next MD/MBA conference be at your school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJosephKim

Advisor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently working with the Association of MD/MBA Programs to help them plan their 2012 annual conference. It seems that the original school that was planning on hosting the 2012 conference experienced some hiccups, so we need to find another school for 2012 or we'll be skipping 2012 and we'll start planning for 2013.

Do you think your school would be interested in hosting the next conference? During the conference, students are typically heavily involved as volunteers, so it's a great opportunity for you to boost your visibility and gain some professional exposure. Plus, you'll have a chance to meet other MD/MBA students from other institutions. If you're in an MD/MBA program, will you please send me a PM with the name of your school and contact info for your program director?

If your school is on the list below, we're probably going to pass and look for a different school:

2011 Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
2010 Boston University, Boston, Massachusets
2009 Wright State School of Medicine, Raj Soin College of Business, Dayton, Ohio
2008 AMSA National Head Quarters, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
2007 Baylor College of Medicine, Rice University Jones School of Business
2006 Dartmouth Medical School, Tuck School of Business
2005 Emory University, Goizueta Business School
2004 Jefferson Medical College, Widener University School of Business
2003 University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Paul Merage School of Business

Members don't see this ad.

Might I recommend the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor? I am a current M1 here and president of the Med Business Interest Group.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a Spanish MD finishing an MBA at Duke. I know they have a dual MD/MBA degree and they are usually quite open to this kind of things. I guess I could get you in touch with someone to discuss it.

Just a quick update: the Association of MD/MBA Programs (AMMP) is not having a conference in 2012. I believe they are planning on having the next conference in 2013.