Dental Will several B's on major prereqs hurt my chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am currently in my third year of undergrad and so far I have gotten a B+ on general chem 1, B- on general chem 2, and a B on orgo 1 and have managed to get an A in everything else. I know these grades are not the worst but also these chem classes have dropped my science GPA quite a bit. I know schools want to see a upward but I haven't really shown that. I'm currently interested in the University of Florida Dental Program which I have heard is competitive. Would these grades affect my chances of getting in?
It will be easier to assess and give advice to know how much it actual hurt your sGPA. What was it before and after these courses?

Members don't see this ad.

Without these courses I would have a sGPA of 4.0 but with them I have a sGPA of 3.67. My overall gpa is 3.83.
They won't be the death of you but you do have a few upper division science courses left that will hopefully help bring your GPA up. GPA isn't everything (DAT matters just as much, if not a little more since it's a standardized test that everyone has to take) but try to do well in your remaining courses. There's nothing you can do about these grades now, so just focus on the future!

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.