Will Pharmacy schools accept C- grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doanut

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, as the title above states, I'm wondering if schools will accept C- grades because I just recently graduated from a 4 year UC and I have some good grades (As and Bs) and a few bad grades (C-s). I looked on the PharmCAS schools list and looked at all of the schools requirements and some schools list GPAs, etc but don't list specific letter grades. Other schools listed "grades of C or higher" to be accepted or something along those lines. Since I took classes at a UC, they give out + and - grades as opposed to community colleges. Right now I'm taking a few extra prerequisite classes I need to apply for some of these schools, but I'm wondering if those schools will accept my C- grades. Because I got a C-, community colleges and my UC school don't allow me to retake any of these classes (because I passed the class*). A lot of schools list C grades or better and I think it would be very ineffective to call every school and ask. Should they say no as well, I'd have to petition for every C- grade and I don't think that'll be easy to even accomplish. Even with the C-s I have around a 2.9 UC GPA and I plan to take several community college classes to finish off the prerequisites. I am current in three of 6 or 7 that I need and have 3 A's so I'd think my GPA would improve more, so the only problem is whether the C- grades will stop me from getting accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, as the title above states, I'm wondering if schools will accept C- grades because I just recently graduated from a 4 year UC and I have some good grades (As and Bs) and a few bad grades (C-s). I looked on the PharmCAS schools list and looked at all of the schools requirements and some schools list GPAs, etc but don't list specific letter grades. Other schools listed "grades of C or higher" to be accepted or something along those lines. Since I took classes at a UC, they give out + and - grades as opposed to community colleges. Right now I'm taking a few extra prerequisite classes I need to apply for some of these schools, but I'm wondering if those schools will accept my C- grades. Because I got a C-, community colleges and my UC school don't allow me to retake any of these classes (because I passed the class*). A lot of schools list C grades or better and I think it would be very ineffective to call every school and ask. Should they say no as well, I'd have to petition for every C- grade and I don't think that'll be easy to even accomplish. Even with the C-s I have around a 2.9 UC GPA and I plan to take several community college classes to finish off the prerequisites. I am current in three of 6 or 7 that I need and have 3 A's so I'd think my GPA would improve more, so the only problem is whether the C- grades will stop me from getting accepted.

Majority don’t and shouldn’t. Only quick way to really know is choose your top ten and call. Only other way I see is getting an A on a higher science course ( C- in molecular bio but A- in advanced molecular).

So many new schools with probably only being nationally accredited you may be fine. Just don’t get accepted and find out the courses you take are much harder than your C- pre-reqs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools don't accept C- especially for their pre req courses. But newer schools may have lower criterias.

B_C89 is right, you should email or call up the school admission to be sure. I believe you can still retake them at the community colleges if you speak to a counselor about your situation and have them override it

Most schools don't accept C- especially for their pre req courses. But newer schools may have lower criterias.

B_C89 is right, you should email or call up the school admission to be sure. I believe you can still retake them at the community colleges if you speak to a counselor about your situation and have them override it

I think you have to get accepted to have them override anything

I had several Cs and Fs and i had no problem getting accepting to over ten pharmacy schools. I did have a high PCAT though