Will not being accepted to an honours program hurt me?

nysegop

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have had well... let's just say a not so stellar high school experience. The chance that I could get into an honours program is pretty slim (mostly because of a low GPA. my SAT score is good). Will this be really bad when applying to medical schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have had well... let's just say a not so stellar high school experience. The chance that I could get into an honours program is pretty slim (mostly because of a low GPA. my SAT score is pretty good). Will this be really bad when applying to medical schools?
lol no.

The truth is if you maintain a 3.5+ GPA during your four years, score a 30+ on the MCAT, and build your resume with good extracurriculars, you're almost guaranteed to receive invites from some MD schools and most DO schools. Your high school record doesn't matter and not being in an honors program won't hurt you.

I have had well... let's just say a not so stellar high school experience. The chance that I could get into an honours program is pretty slim (mostly because of a low GPA. my SAT score is pretty good). Will this be really bad when applying to medical schools?

No. Get A's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright thanks. That's good to hear.

Yep. It's over. Actually just got out of an AdCom meeting. We decided to pre-reject you to save you the hassle of applying at all. We will forward our recommendation to all 135 MD-granting U.S. institutions.

:smuggrin:

Dude, chill out. Enjoy college. If you're meant to be a doctor, it'll happen. If not, I hear the janitorial business is pretty good these days. Or nursing. That's probably a better gig than medicine anyway at this point.

Yep. It's over. Actually just got out of an AdCom meeting. We decided to pre-reject you to save you the hassle of applying at all. We will forward our recommendation to all 135 MD-granting U.S. institutions.

Dude, chill out. Enjoy college. If you're meant to be a doctor, it'll happen. If not, I hear the janitorial business is pretty good these days. Or nursing. That's probably a better gig than medicine anyway at this point.

Haha :thumbup: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahahaha...I was drinking coffee...and I almost spit it out reading that...Lol...:) :D