Will my casual Marijuana use during my high school years stop me from becoming a surgeon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moutain mike

Reaction score
So I am just starting undergrad now. I'm interested in going to medical school and my dream is to become a surgeon. I'm extremely passionate about it and I performed pretty well in high school. However, the summer going into my junior year I began smoking weed probably around 2-4 times a week. then when school started that year I reduced my use to 1 time every 1 to 2 weeks until the end of my junior year when I began smoking every day twice a day for 2 months. I stopped again at the end of that year and began only occasionally using it again. About once or twice a week. So my parents always said that if I kept smoking I wouldn't be able to be a surgeon because my brain would not develop and I wouldn't be smart enough to make it through med school and become a surgeon. My question is am I overreacting? Can I still go to med school and become a surgeon if I work hard? or will there be significant damage to my brain from my marijuana use that will be a noticeable hindrance to succeeding in med school?

Members don't see this ad.

So I am just starting undergrad now. I'm interested in going to medical school and my dream is to become a surgeon. I'm extremely passionate about it and I performed pretty well in high school. However, the summer going into my junior year I began smoking weed probably around 2-4 times a week. then when school started that year I reduced my use to 1 time every 1 to 2 weeks until the end of my junior year when I began smoking every day twice a day for 2 months. I stopped again at the end of that year and began only occasionally using it again. About once or twice a week. So my parents always said that if I kept smoking I wouldn't be able to be a surgeon because my brain would not develop and I wouldn't be smart enough to make it through med school and become a surgeon. My question is am I overreacting? Can I still go to med school and become a surgeon if I work hard? or will there be significant damage to my brain from my marijuana use that will be a noticeable hindrance to succeeding in med school?

0/10.

Reactions: 3 users
Never give up on the ganja troll bro

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.