"Will I be able to find a job after I graduate?" Marshall School of Pharmacy Weighs In

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BackRowChi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Because citing the BLS forecast hurts.

Members don't see this ad.

The only criticism that I have is this concept of, “we are so excited about all of these jobs that are going to develop in areas that we never thought about.” Like it is some sort of surprise that we should all be so excited about. I would be curious to know who is thinking about this, and where this think tank exists.

Otherwise the video was just the normal “feel good”, piano playing in the background, scenes of people squirting unknown substances into laboratory objects... Do we have any Mormons on this board? I felt like I was watching a Mormon Message video.

I also think it’s funny how she says - “we are giving the students the skills and knowledge they need to ‘shape the jobs of the future, that have not been thought of yet’”. Essentially this means - “we really don’t know what the jobs will be, but it’s your problem not ours”

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
For sure, it's just propaganda. And who better to comfort anxious pharmacy students than DiPiro?

What's interesting is that Marshall felt compelled to respond publicly to this question in their recruiting efforts. They're feeling the pinch.

It is beyond sad that the market is turning well meaning professors into shysters. I'm sure no one got into academia to sell a lemon of a career to naive students, but that's where we are.

Have you guys seen any more desperate pharmacy school recruitment propaganda? I'd love to create a montage of this stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For sure, it's just propaganda. And who better to comfort anxious pharmacy students than DiPiro?

What's interesting is that Marshall felt compelled to respond publicly to this question in their recruiting efforts. They're feeling the pinch.

It is beyond sad that the market is turning well meaning professors into shysters. I'm sure no one got into academia to sell a lemon of a career to naive students, but that's where we are.

Have you guys seen any more desperate pharmacy school recruitment propaganda? I'd love to create a montage of this stuff.
I liked how Dr. Dipiro had to pause after stating there is consolidation in retail pharmacy.

The economics of the situation will win out in the end. As nursing and pharmacy wages converge the choice for young students will be that much easier to make.

I also love the comment left under the video....

“Despite reports to the contrary, finding a job as a pharmacist after graduating from pharmacy school should not be an issue if you're prepared for the changing dynamics in the industry and open to opportunities in a range of locations. Learn more about the job market for new pharmacy school graduates in this brief video.”

So says the guy sitting on a huge retirement package... I really think it’s funny that these comments keep coming from old timers who have rode the best times pharmacy has ever offered. Biased?

I liked how Dr. Dipiro had to pause after stating there is consolidation in retail pharmacy.
He had to think about how to word the next sentence so it wasn't a complete lie.

Sort of off topic, but closed captioning failed on this video:
1576099363384.png

• Haha
Dipiro is now just another dean selling snake meds.

I also love the comment left under the video....

“Despite reports to the contrary, finding a job as a pharmacist after graduating from pharmacy school should not be an issue if you're prepared for the changing dynamics in the industry and open to opportunities in a range of locations. Learn more about the job market for new pharmacy school graduates in this brief video.”

So says the guy sitting on a huge retirement package... I really think it’s funny that these comments keep coming from old timers who have rode the best times pharmacy has ever offered. Biased?
Yeah so what happens to the 95% of pharmacists who were not trained on these “opportunities”?

what a cop out. Sure, its easy to say youll be fine since there will be more opportunities in the future for those who will graduate later. What about the ones who are currently practicing? And what opportunities is he talking about? Changing dynamics? As in, fill prescriptions faster than before with less amount of time and people? Then hes right on point.

obviously there is a problem or videos like this would not be put out at all! 13 years ago when i went in this was NEVER an issue or topic?

1579119297770.png

Why not report these channels to YouTube as "Misleading Advice" or "Misleading Thumbnail?" That is an option for many of these videos.