WHY THE HELL is this so confusing...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hets

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all... just wondering if anyone out there decided to take just the core science classes after doing undergrad in something else? I have the option to just take the pre med classes, or to actually complete the pre med major at a university, and i've no clue which would be better. While just taking the pre meds would not take as long, the pre med major requires taking Anatomy and Physiology, Immunology, Histology, etc... and has twice the pricetag of just taking the core pre med classes. The school also just opened a cadaver lab for its pre med students. Awesome.

Also, does anyone have suggestions as to how to take the pre med classes??? i.e. in what order and how many per semester???????

What schools are best for pre med classes only???? Specifically in the PA/NY/NJ area?

I've heard Drexel, Bryn Mawr, etc, but does it really matter what school you got pre meds from? I'm not talking community college here, but my area has a few local colleges like Lehigh, Moravian, and a bunch of others...

Anyone's .02 is appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

do a freaking search and read up you helpless brute. how the hell can you expect everything to be handed to you on a platter. oh your not a real premed yet. in that case, little baby, prepare to fed some neurotoxin-laced gerber from your fellow pre-mes. just with the interests of our future patients in mind :)

ssingh0 said:
do a freaking search and read up you helpless brute. how the hell can you expect everything to be handed to you on a platter. oh your not a real premed yet. in that case, little baby, prepare to fed some neurotoxin-laced gerber from your fellow pre-mes. just with the interests of our future patients in mind :)

hey... no one asked you to be a jerk... these are just questions that I have posted asking for people's opinions on what they think are good options and have helped them out personally. FYI... I don't need anything "handed to me on a platter." I worked three jobs to support myself all through undergrad. And last time I checked, it wasn't a crime to ask for someone's opinion. So if you don't like it, stfu and don't read the post.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe ssing didnt need to be such a jerk, but these questions are constantly discussed on threads, which we can all search. :love: After you do a little research, if you still have some questions on specific programs that you couldnt find the answers to, then you can reask them. Most school websites will have several examples of pre-req schedules which different students have taken.

Check out the FAQ sticky at the top of the post-bac forum thread list.

ssingh0 said:
Attacks on other guests will not be tolerated on any of the SDN forums. Consider yourself warned.