Hello from the UK! (also seeking advice)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluwale

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am studying biological sciences (other prerequisites are not covered) at uni in the UK and I am applying to postbac in the US because my family is moving. Because of my international status I am limited to a few programs such as Bryn Mawr, UPenn, Tufts and Columbia. I am worried that I would not get in since they seem to be highly selective. In terms of stats, I'm on Dean's List last year and most of my grades are above First this year (the GPA calculator says 3.96 but this is only a rough estimate). I did an 8-week research this summer, which I really enjoyed and the professor agreed to write a strong recommendation letter for me. I also have leadership, volunteering and shadowing experience. I heard that many people are doing DIY or SMPs, which I'm not sure are suitable in my case.

One last thing is, if everything goes well, I might be able to obtain a green card by the time I apply to medical schools. Is this something I should address in postbac application (they might not take me if they think it's extremely hard for F1 students to get into medical school)?

I only joined very recently so please let me know if I did anything inappropriate.

Members don't see this ad.