"Why Our School?" question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enterocooccus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any suggestion or good answer to this

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't know the answer to this question then why are you applying to "that" school? It's that simple.

Do a little bit of research on the school's website and search for the school in the forums. You're bound to find 2-3 things about this school you like and just stress that in the interview.

OR say why this school is a great fit for you i.e. interests, career opportunities, etc.

If you can't answer that question then you shouldn't be applying to that school. Just like if you were to interview for a job, if I found out you had to ask around for an answer to a question like "why this company?" then I would dismiss you from the interview.

Sweet talk them about their types of classes, lab facilities, location, etc.

Any suggestion or good answer to this
Aww man...jeez...**** man, I don't... damn, that is HARD... oh man, I better take a couple days off work to help out here... this is too intense...

Man, why your school... I don't know man... why do you think you chose your school? You could go about it as a deep question... you know, existentialism. Why you're here, why you chose your school, why you would be an ideal fit, in all the universe. Explains why you're here (see the link here?)

It's a start. If you can't go anywhere, you might as well end it here, in more ways than one.

Do some research on the school's website about how much research-focused that school is. Also maybe talk about class sizes, student-to-faculty ratio, and anything else (positive) that differentiates that school from the other ones.

Aww man...jeez...**** man, I don't... damn, that is HARD... oh man, I better take a couple days off work to help out here... this is too intense...

Man, why your school... I don't know man... why do you think you chose your school? You could go about it as a deep question... you know, existentialism. Why you're here, why you chose your school, why you would be an ideal fit, in all the universe. Explains why you're here (see the link here?)

It's a start. If you can't go anywhere, you might as well end it here, in more ways than one.

Maybe the OP is just plain lazy and trying to steal our ideas.:smuggrin:
(even though we are the ones enabling him)