Why help animals, not people?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LOL ok so I tried it. It just takes the page down a little........you have to keep pushing it......but still helps.

I swear, I learn something new everyday on here............:D

There's a button you can press that looks like a down arrow that takes you to the 1st unread post. Don't know if you knew about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you do page down? and then scroll up the tiny bit to the last post from the bottom of the page.

Atleast that is what I do. I have a mac so I'm not sure if it works on windows, I think it must though because it seems a pretty standard function. :)

I need the workout.. and it builds anticipation....By the time I've reached where I'm going, I feel like I've accomplished something..

how do you delete replies to posts?

Members don't see this ad :)
" from the Christian perspective humans have an eternal soul and therefore are more valuable from animals in that regard. "

Actually, the pope somewhat recently recognized that animals do have souls.

oh man, i got a good laugh.

answer: cause i don't f*ckin want to.

the end.

and: what heartsong said. lay off, med stude.

loves. it. loves it.

and if you're wondering why i'm up at 4 am, it's because i passed out drunk at 7. shouldn't have had that last pitcher.

I'm guessing you guys had an exam yesterday?

I'm guessing you guys had an exam yesterday?

lol, yes. our first anatomy written and practical on monday and tuesday. a select few of our class was drunk by what? noon, cory? while bowling. it was fantastical. ri23, if you ever come to philly, make sure you let us know! happy hours every friday at 4 ;)

i'd say something relevant to the thread topic, but i have no idea what thread i'm in right now.

Glad to hear you guys are having fun ;). Ironically, we just had our first anatomy practical/written on Monday too and we also all went to happy hour and a party after, we had quite a good time. Unfortunately, next week for my birthday we have our first histology exam - not exactly looking forward to that.

I will certainly take you up on your offer if I go to Philly and you do the same if you come to Columbus.

deal! and i'll pm you if i get stuck in histo... exam friday and monday. happy birthday, btw :)

Don't you think that is it is interesting how Shoyt hasn't posted a reply??

If you have such a strong opinion about something (which he/she seemed to have in his/her post), then you should be able to reply to people's comments.

If not.....then DON'T START something you can't finish!!

PS: Don't insult people's career choice/dreams unless you've been there. I know for a fact that vet students work REALLY hard (and sometime harder than med students b/c of how many species we have to learn about) and that veterinarians also work hard at maintaining the health of the human population as well as the animal population.

Actually, the pope somewhat recently recognized that animals do have souls.

Ooooo this could get me into trouble...I know I'm a newb and I was going to make a pretty unrelated comment...but I couldn't help replying quickly to this...but there is a HUGE difference between Christianity and Catholicism...but please that's a whooooollllle nother thread and I would LOVE to discuss it there or through PM...but I couldn't not comment on it.

Similarly, I am a very "religious" person (I hate that terminology because it misses the point, again something I would love to discuss elsewhere) and I find many of the antireligion comments in this thread grossly offensive considering it wasn't the point of the OP. Yes, he did bring in religion, but in the broader sense of career choice and it's gone a bit off-course. Wanna talk about souls, etc? Start another thread. I'll join you there, promise.

Back to the OP...I'm just not interested in human medicine. I love vet med, I'm having a fabulous time in school...but I'm just not interested in human medicine. There's no other way to describe it. I love working with people within the confines of the veterinary setting, so it's not that I don't like people...I just have any draw to doing human medicine.

Ok, that's all....I stirred up the bee hive. Have at it....

lol, yes. our first anatomy written and practical on monday and tuesday. a select few of our class was drunk by what? noon, cory? while bowling. it was fantastical. ri23, if you ever come to philly, make sure you let us know! happy hours every friday at 4 ;)

i'd say something relevant to the thread topic, but i have no idea what thread i'm in right now.

Damn straight. Just wait till tonight - no exams for a week and a half!

16 blocks. i will walk 16 blocks.

Ooooo this could get me into trouble...I know I'm a newb and I was going to make a pretty unrelated comment...but I couldn't help replying quickly to this...but there is a HUGE difference between Christianity and Catholicism...but please that's a whooooollllle nother thread and I would LOVE to discuss it there or through PM...but I couldn't not comment on it.

Similarly, I am a very "religious" person (I hate that terminology because it misses the point, again something I would love to discuss elsewhere) and I find many of the antireligion comments in this thread grossly offensive considering it wasn't the point of the OP. Yes, he did bring in religion, but in the broader sense of career choice and it's gone a bit off-course. Wanna talk about souls, etc? Start another thread. I'll join you there, promise.

Since you are such a religious person you should know that Catholicism is under the umbrella term of Christianity just like Mormonism and Protestantism. So many people wrongly use the term "Christian" instead of Protestant (Protestants mostly). I believe you meant to say that Catholicism is very much different from Protestantism, but one could argue that the different branches of Protestantism vary wildly ideologically from one another as well, so saying it all together was pretty pointless. Pennvet was making an appeal to authority that I inferred as being an attempt to show the complexity of religious issues surrounding veterinary medicine, not saying the Pope is the single expert of religious issues for all Christians.

P.S.- Saying that Catholics are not Christians is extremely offensive.

As stated in my post, I will gladly discuss religious issues with you in a PM (as another poster has elected to do) or a separate thread. I refuse to hijack another person's thread. I am not at all afraid to talk about matters of faith; in fact, I welcome any chance to talk about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...but please be respectful of the OP, start a new thread or PM me. Let's not hijack, it's just rude. :)

I basically chose vetmed over human medicine because I consider animal medicine the basis of ALL medicine.

VetMed is extremely closely intertwined with human medicine. Maybe I'm coming off biased, because I plan to go into disease and pathology research as opposed to clinical practice...but every zoonotic disease, every animal-human condition and disease model, every human disease treratment that came from animals....I could go on and on.