Why do we have to spend 2-3 more years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Panda,

This thread is getting no where. Someone already tried to compare the two professions and the tests. Actually, a med student who just took the USMLE step I would destroy our NDBE anatomy, path/micro, and biochem. But prob fail the DAO thus failing NDBE, but there is no way a dental student would pass Step I without some serious preparation.

I am not discrediting dentistry in anyway, but I am tired of your term "pompous" FTDs thinking they have equal considerations as their US counterparts when in reality they DON'T. Read the OP's previous posts, and read some of the other posts here. That is why you all have to train more here. Everyone who are in the programs don't complain and are very thankful for the opportunity.

Enough is enough! Either be thankful you are enrolled and get an opportunity to treat patients and practice IMO the best profession in the world, or go to another country other than the US and use your degree there. As they say "**** or get off the pot" and stop complaining that you don't get enough credit for being a Dr..........whew!!:mad:

I am done ranting.....LOL:laugh:

Hey look Shobu,
you are not even an FTD. And you are the one with serious understanding skills. Either put aside your damn attitude and try to understand what others are saying, or if you care none the less, maybe it is you who should be doing the "**** or get off the pot".

Hey look Shobu,
you are not even an FTD. And you are the one with serious understanding skills. Either put aside your damn attitude and try to understand what others are saying, or if you care none the less, maybe it is you who should be doing the "**** or get off the pot".

Looks like I hit a nerve with Honor and Pandu. Your posts prove my previous points exactly. Your superior attitudes precludes you from comprehending my analogies and comparisons. You guys are getting pretty personal with your increasing posts.

The facts are and The bottom line is:

1. Honor, the OP, wants more respect. Because of already earning a foreign DDS/DMD feels that he (prob a man) should not go through all the hoops to practice in the US because the ADA is a bunch of crap. You will get it my friend, when you finish US dental school.

2. Pandu is mad because he thinks I think MDs are more qualified than DDS because of my comparisons of the two tests, when in actuality Honor and his buddies keep trying to compare MD licensing and other professions with DDS/DMD licensing. I gave valid reasons why they are different (residency and length of training).

3. Both "dental students" continue to twist words and fuel this ridiculous thread by taking thing personally.;)

Bottom line:

I love my profession and am VERY passionate about my specialty. I and everyone I know has endured tremendous obstacles to get to where they are without complaints and with extreme professionalism. Voicing negative things about our US system on the internet anonymously on a public forum only demonstrates to me how much disdain you all have. :boom:

with THAT...I need to go see a patient with a GSW with multiple facial fractures in the ER. Lets see how many more posts you guys can add and keep this thread going. :beat:

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Dr.Honor,
Would you like to know why you are discrimitated against? You should have answered yourself by now because you are already a Doctor. You are responsible for people' lives. I suppose you know that one mistake can cost a life. An engineer might screw up a computer or some machine but that's it. The work of an architect is checked by a whole group of people before it becames a building. A pilot has always a co-pilot. As you have already heard a MD can not practice without going through a very tough residency training. The pharmacist works with 1 or 2 more pharmacists. But you man are by yourself in the office and you are the God. How can you imagine that a 2-3 days exam can check your knowledge? There maybe be diseases with oral manifestation that you have never encountered in your country because they were rare there but they might be frequent here. The opposite is also true:some things you know a lot about, you will never see here. How are you suppose to even recognize something you have never seen before? What if your inability to detect something like this, would cost that person life? You might be very good in putting fillings and making crowns, but are you sure you know everything that characterizes this specific population? You have to think that US is unique in its variety. The people came from all over the world here. Even the tooth anatomy as you know it, might actually be quite different. Why don't you just wait few more months, enter the clinic and come back to this discussion? I think you will change your opinion. On top of everything these people really help you. Your judge is not actually ADA. Your judges are going to be your patients. And I don't know how much you know about dentists being sued in US but everybody can assure you that most of them were sued at least once in their career. Do you prefer to pay your money to learn something interesting related to dentistry or you prefer to waste them paying back to your unhappy patients? You might be an excellent dentist and still have unhappy patients for various reasons.

Looks like I hit a nerve with Honor and Pandu. Your posts prove my previous points exactly. Your superior attitudes precludes you from comprehending my analogies and comparisons. You guys are getting pretty personal with your increasing posts.

1. Honor, the OP, wants more respect. Because of already earning a foreign DDS/DMD feels that he (prob a man) should not go through all the hoops to practice in the US because the ADA is a bunch of crap. You will get it my friend, when you finish US dental school.

2. Pandu is mad because he thinks I think MDs are more qualified than DDS because of my comparisons of the two tests, when in actuality Honor and his buddies keep trying to compare MD licensing and other professions with DDS/DMD licensing. I gave valid reasons why they are different (residency and length of training).

3. Both "dental students" continue to twist words and fuel this ridiculous thread by taking thing personally.;)

Bottom line:

I love my profession and am VERY passionate about my specialty. I and everyone I know has endured tremendous obstacles to get to where they are without complaints and with extreme professionalism. Voicing negative things about our US system on the internet anonymously on a public forum only demonstrates to me how much disdain you all have. :boom:

with THAT...I need to go see a patient with a GSW with multiple facial fractures in the ER. Lets see how many more posts you guys can add and keep this thread going. :beat:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
disdain?? u or we

there is a link posted just below this title,its a online DA course for FTDs,ITS CHEAP not free though...

well anyway

u r ignored

good luck:love::love:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
disdain?? u or we

there is a link posted just below this title,its a online DA course for FTDs,ITS CHEAP not free though...

well anyway

u r ignored

good luck:love::love:

Ok, Ok Truce. My fingers hurt. Good luck gentlemen with your future endeavors. I did not mean to start a firestorm. Once you all finish, you will see how wonderful it is to be a dentist in the US. The best profession by far. My father, a FTD, inspired me to be where I am today. Again, good luck and no hard feelings.:thumbup::)

Bottom line:

HA, HA HA,
See who has proved to be personal and who seems to be hell bent on their pomposity.Okay, let's say we got personal. If you were such a gentleman,or a saint, maybe you should try shutting up and stop your sarcastic and scalding comments. That should laeve this thread far better without the likes of you. You started this sarcasm,dear boy, so don't blame us.

That's enough.

Everyone who has participated in the mud-slinging in this thread, please consider this a public reminder and warning to conduct yourselves with civility. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.