Why do people dislike QBANK for Step 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applecore

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been successful with Qbank for Step 1, and am thinking about purchasing it for Step 2. I looked at a friend's USMLEworld, and I did not like it; i thought it was very nit picky. I was just curious why people do not like Qbank for Step 2. Do the questions not reflect the actual exam?

Members don't see this ad.

OK so here's the deal

USMLEWorld you can get twice the questions for twice as long at half the price. Questions are equivalent, interface is equivalent, whats not to like? I just took the Step 2 and found it was very helpful with multiple analogous questions.

I liked Q bank for Step 2 and it worked well for me. I am currently using Qbank for Step 3 to study for step 3.

if u have to pick between 2 then UW is better, but if you can do both it can only help

Members don't see this ad :)
Did Qbank for Step 2 and it worked just fine for me: 238/96.

fourthyearmed said:
I liked Q bank for Step 2 and it worked well for me. I am currently using Qbank for Step 3 to study for step 3.

I used QBank for the first 2 steps and liked it a lot. Is it really necessary for Step 3 though? I figured I would just by FA or something similar and peruse that.

I loved Qbank for step 2, just got thru it all once and then go thru your missed q's again. It worked for me, I did OK (236)

no, this is not true.
kaplan\'s number of questions for step 2 is constantly increasing; UW has ~2090, right now Kaplan has ~1800