Second Qbank for step 2ck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Estranged

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apart from UWORLD which qbank would you recommend for CK? I have read mixed reviews about Kaplan. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Try AMBOSS. That Qbank is harder than UW. They have a 5 day free trial. It's popular in Europe and they only now started to make stuff for Steps. You won't regret it imo.

I recently started Kaplan...and its literally making me pull my hair out.....I find it REALLY hard compared to UWorld....but idk if its because its testing crap that you would only know if you were writing for Uptodate or what.....but yea I would love to hear if someone else has better ideas. Right now I am seriously questioning the legitimacy of Kaplan Qbank

I recently started Kaplan...and its literally making me pull my hair out.....I find it REALLY hard compared to UWorld....but idk if its because its testing crap that you would only know if you were writing for Uptodate or what.....but yea I would love to hear if someone else has better ideas. Right now I am seriously questioning the legitimacy of Kaplan Qbank

I read somewhere that Kaplan qbank has not been updated recently and therefore has many mistakes. According to your experience so far, do you think it is true? or it is just hard?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess depends what you mean by updated....I mean most of the questions have been "updated" in the last year....so a lot of the questions I have run into are '17 info. So I am not paying too much attention to questions that require latest knowledge on recommendations etc....but the gen next step in dx etc are ok......it just seems really hard because they are testing such ridiculous details....I am only doing them because I need another source jsut to "practice" my test taking skills....but even my test taking skills are failing me and its frustrating me! I wonder if anyone on here has done NBME and Kaplan and compare. I have no idea what the NBME qs are like as I havent bought them yet...I will soon....just not yet.

Kaplan Qbank for step 1 was worthwhile. Kaplan Qbank for step 2 was awful and I stopped using it within several days. Uworld was enough and if you must use another Qbank, I don't have a great answer, but I would say pass on Kaplan.

Kaplan Qbank for step 1 was worthwhile. Kaplan Qbank for step 2 was awful and I stopped using it within several days. Uworld was enough and if you must use another Qbank, I don't have a great answer, but I would say pass on Kaplan.

what did you find problematic with Kaplan? I am just trying to gauge whether I am actually missing stuff because of knowledge or because questions are actually very bad. The questions definitely give me anxiety when I get a question wrong and then I read the explanations and I want to break my computer. I sometimes can't find the answers in Step up or any other resources.....have to look it up in uptodate!

what did you find problematic with Kaplan? I am just trying to gauge whether I am actually missing stuff because of knowledge or because questions are actually very bad. The questions definitely give me anxiety when I get a question wrong and then I read the explanations and I want to break my computer. I sometimes can't find the answers in Step up or any other resources.....have to look it up in uptodate!

To me the questions were bad. They had poor or low-yield content, were often poorly worded, had various typos, etc. I was getting >95% on UWorld for my second pass and scored in the 60s for several Kaplan blocks before I threw in the towel. I still scored > 270 on the real deal despite my lower scores on the several Kaplan blocks that I completed.

IMO the Kaplan material is better suited for shelf exams (at best) and not for dedicated CK time.

To me the questions were bad. They had poor or low-yield content, were often poorly worded, had various typos, etc. I was getting >95% on UWorld for my second pass and scored in the 60s for several Kaplan blocks before I threw in the towel. I still scored > 270 on the real deal despite my lower scores on the several Kaplan blocks that I completed.

IMO the Kaplan material is better suited for shelf exams (at best) and not for dedicated CK time.

Thanks....that was my opinion too but I thought maybe I was being biased because I had already read so many people didn't like Kaplan. Kaplan questions definitely make you wanna pull your hair out lol Thanks for your input