Who's my baby's daddy thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wasnt until I rotated on TM, the harsh realities set in. It is a well known fact that roughly 20% of all paternity in the US is fradulent.

1 in 5 of Americans have no idea who their real father is, their true cultural heritage and most importantly their accurate genetic predisposition to disease.

As scientists, we know that women are more likely to conceive when encountering the foriegn sperm during an affair than her usual partner. Evolution and all that. But as a guy, are you gonna have every child test for paternity, either secretly or in consultation with your SO?

The sad thing is that even if paternity is proved fradulent years later, you will be responsible for child support unless you file a statement within 3 months after the birth.

As a TM resident I had at least 2 incidents where assumed parternity was proved false, but we couldnt "ethically" say anything to the husband. Is that right? How different is that from not reporting any other crime like spousal and child abuse?

In conclusion, I support the genetic testing of ALL newborns for both disease markers AND paternity.

The children have a right to know!

-Peace

Members don't see this ad.

I used to tease my sister that she was adopted because she looked completely different from our parents and me. Who knows, maybe she had a different daddy?

I believe it's "babydaddy," as in "Who your babydaddy?", or "He my babydaddy!"

Members don't see this ad :)
bananaface said:
My mom doesn't know her biological father. My grandparents faked their wedding date and everything. :eek:

Ummm, you cant drop a bomb like that without telling a story...whats the story?

Havarti666 said:
I believe it's "babydaddy," as in "Who your babydaddy?", or "He my babydaddy!"

On my ob/gyn rotation, an attending asked an AAF who her babydaddy was. I kept waiting for the pt to get offended, but now I see that it's a legitimate term!

bananaface said:
"He was a nice farmer." is all my mom can get out of my grandmother.

Well as I see it, you have a new mission this weekend.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it..(cue Mission Impossible theme music)