Who’s had COVID?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucid_leprechaun

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seems like everyone has COVID right now. How are your groups doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like everyone has COVID right now. How are your groups doing?

One or two docs out of 20-24 have had it.

This omicron variant is quite contagious, but it does appear mild. I'm sending everybody home. Omicron will be great. Everybody can get infected with a milder variant, lessons the risk of being hospitalized, and gets immune (at least to that strain).

One or two docs out of 20-24 have had it.

This omicron variant is quite contagious, but it does appear mild. I'm sending everybody home. Omicron will be great. Everybody can get infected with a milder variant, lessons the risk of being hospitalized, and gets immune (at least to that strain).

I haven’t had the same experience recently. We may just have more delta in my area. We’ve still been admitting a lot of patients, some are very sick and hypoxic. Most of these are unvaccinated, however, I’ve had a few true immunocompromised that have been fully vaccinated and one who even was boosted who had to be admitted on oxygen. Our resources are beyond strained in our ED. We can usually get the 30+ ppl in the waiting room for our 21 bed ED + trauma bay that I walk into at 7 pm out by 7 am but then we’re full by 10 am and waiting room is backing up again. Boarding quite a few in the ED as well still.

I’m not a partner yet so I am not fully aware of everything that happens in the group especially at the sites I don’t work at. Back to the OP’s question, we’re a larger group (60+ docs and 20-30 APPs), and half of the APPs have had it. Not as sure on the docs, but we’re probably at least a dozen that I know of. Several recently over the holidays. Our physician and APP vaccination rate I’ve been told is minimum 80%, physicians it is over 90% and might even be 100%.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Right now, only 1 of 18 residents has it and is out. Don't think any of the attendings or APP's have it. It's picking up around here, no beds to be had, and we got the "be ready for catastrophe" email from the head of our ID department, and an all page to everyone with a pager in the system to discharge everyone stable to make room for all the ED boarders.

Omicron is a wildfire. If you go outside and into crowds, you have a good chance of catching it. many people with very little or no symptoms are turning positive. Almost all positives have symptoms less than a mild flu.

if you only have a few that are positive, then you are not testing everyone. Test everyone in your ER and there will be many that are positive.

had a lady come in with atypical CP for 6 months but more episodes recently. Pt demanded a covid test, turned positive.

6 of our boosted docs have had it as well as numerous boosted APPs...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user