who qualifies as a potential reviewer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mathemagician

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm submitting a case report to a journal that is requiring 5 potential reviewers. if i'm submitting to a peds journal but the case pertains to ophthamology could i list ophthamologists and pediatricians or only pediatricians? also, is it ok to list docs at your home institution if they were not involved or know about the case?

sorry if these questions come off as incredibly dumb, but i really didn't know and didn't find any posts on this. thanks in advance for replies.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm submitting a case report to a journal that is requiring 5 potential reviewers. if i'm submitting to a peds journal but the case pertains to ophthamology could i list ophthamologists and pediatricians or only pediatricians? also, is it ok to list docs at your home institution if they were not involved or know about the case?

You can list anyone who might be knowledgeable on the topic of your paper, regardless of their field of practice or even if they are physicians. However, you should not list people who are at your home institution OR who are current collaborators with you or whoever is senior author on your paper.

Also, don't list people who hate you or your mentor.;)