Potential Research - Q's I should ask

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NS_hopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so here's the skinny:
I'm a M2 that is attempting to 'beef up' my research experience for my residency resume. After hounding my professors for opportunities, I was recently offered an opportunity to get involved with a retrospective chart study that analyzed patient outcomes in an inner city hospital. The fellows that initiated the study are graduating this May and won't be able to finish the project. Essentially, the study is complete. All the data is analyzed, conclusions have been drawn, etc. All that is needed is for someone to write the manuscript for submission to a journal. I was sent the abstract and was asked if I would be interested in writing the aforementioned manuscript.

Is there any specific questions I should ask about the project before committing? Is there any way beforehand I can gauge the likelihood of this abstract becoming accepted to a journal before dedicating my (already limited) time?

Members don't see this ad.