Who is taking the DAT in Aug 2009?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emmie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Aug

joonkimdds, mermaid66: Aug 1 ..
runstorm, teeth247: Aug 3
. ckmonster, Shinpe, Lilliana, Omenino:.. Aug 5.
. BTtheman, drpj, Murl: Aug 7
futuredentista, Superpink: Aug 8
r8dds, aphorth88: Aug 10.
.Sublimation: Aug 11.
. MBradle, Sugafoot79..: Aug 12
saDDS, ongoingdat, jsk11: Aug 13
stiney44: Aug 17.
.navneetdh: Aug 18.
. dentene ice, Emmie: Aug 19
..Prsndwg, panda, coffinhaed: Aug 20
drpoppapump: Aug 21.
. predental1187: Aug 24
mashimlro: Aug 26.
. Philippines03j, SilverTornado..: Aug 27
jRock310, rdh2dds26: Aug 28
Dental Mom, jedaerrow: Aug 31

tmac001
chrono

total: 39

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
.navneetdh: If I were you, I would take the DAT this summer, do the master program and apply next year. If you apply this cycle, the chance is very slim. But next year when you turn in your application, you'll have at least one year of your master GPA, your appl. will be a lot stronger. But of course the decision is yours. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
i just fixed my day. Aug 10th. :scared::thumbup:
I was thinking about Aug 1st but then got nervous n chose 10th instead. wish me luck and I wish all of you guys the best of luck too. :)

.navneetdh: If I were you, I would take the DAT this summer, do the master program and apply next year. If you apply this cycle, the chance is very slim. But next year when you turn in your application, you'll have at least one year of your master GPA, your appl. will be a lot stronger. But of course the decision is yours. Best of luck!

yeah i was inclining towards that initially, and it makes more sense coz i will have a masters degree too and a DDS. As much as I would love that but i feel i am going to have to go with the option of quitting my masters half way through if accepted into a dental school. There is just a whole different situation with my family, finances etc which has pressure on me. Plus if it doesn't work out this yr then i always have the option of actually finishing my masters and trying again next yr. Which i know will be more stressful with my 3rd try n all so i hope it works out this year and wish me luck too.

taking it aug 10 yikes! i'm scared! :(

currently taking a kaplan course for a summer program & i have the destroyer as well as barron's & cliff's for bio.

let's see how well i do :shifty:

I'm taking mine July 19th, a bit anxious and not sure if I'll be ready, I'm done with everything except chem. Might have to push off to late July. Good luck to the rest of you!

yeah Im taking it August 20th hopefully but might move it lol.

And I believe Panda is not taking it 30th but is on 20th.

I was originally scheduled for today (yikes!) but I freaked out and changed it to August 8th. I'm thinking about purchasing TopScore today so I can begin some practice tests. Good luck everyone :thumbup:

i'm taking mine on august 10th, exactly 4 weeks from today and about 3 weeks after my kaplan class is over... i hope i survive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Panda and caffinehaed,,where are you guys taking it? how is studyin going? how far are you guys?

Anyone using Kaplan Practice exams...? Thats all i intend to use. Ive been getting over 20's AA on them. Taken 3 thus far. I hope it compares. I also have gotten CDP. the keyholes, tfe, and pattern folding arent bad; its the hole punches that are ridiculous on it. I cannot wait to get this done. I am so tired of this crap.

you should be ok with GC and OC according to many of the SDNers.

you also want to purchase destroyer (for the Bio section only, I can't stand its hardcore GC, so unnecessary!) and some AP SAT books for Bio, it doesn't have to be AP cliffs, IMO. I particular enjoy reading 5 to 5 steps Bio, the author's a real trip, lol.

don't forget to get those rip-off softwares like A and T, + CDP and its closest relative CDM, might as well grab CDR. Bros said no CDS, get it ;)

Haha, im doing fine with gc and oc. For bio, I keep reviewing and reading schaum's bio. its very detailed and it hits every point IMO. I have also invested in Destroyer. Its very helpful for all the sciences. I dont know what to do for reading and math. I dont want to buy CDM. f that. im happy if i get a 17. Also, people who are taking the kaplan practice exams, how do you guys feel about the RC section. do you think its on par with real thing, harder, easier :)xf:) ?

I'm taking it in august too. Did u guys already submit AADSAS? I hope I'm not the only one that submitted before taking the test.

Mine is on August 28th. Does anyone know if the Anaheim center in CA has flat screen computer?? I heard it will help greatly on your PAT if the resolution is good. I took the test 3-4 yrs ago on the "old computer" and my PAT sucked...couldn't discern what is what on PAT.

I completely forgot about the screens...I hope they arent the outdated ones...

Mine is August 8th!!! at the crack of dawn!! >_< I already submitted my AADSAS. It only took them a week to verify my app. o_O Good Luck everyone!!!

LOL, why did you pay $25 to take the test 2 days earlier?

the wait is killing me lol.....i want to get it done with. im still working on QR and RC and some PAT, im comfortable with the sciences. but im still reviewing them everyday lol.

the wait is killing me lol.....i want to get it done with. im still working on QR and RC and some PAT, im comfortable with the sciences. but im still reviewing them everyday lol.

How do you review the science every day? Do you read your notes? Or do you find new problems to do? Thanks.

I'm taking mine August 8th. I'm super nervous about GC and QR. I got a 17 on the first topscore QR test which made me even more nervous. Honestly I would be pretty happy with a 16 on the real DAT...

over the last two months ive printed out color copies(they were free!!:D) of alot of important figures in the Campbell bio book and i taped them to my room wall. So for bio i skim through it before bed or ill see something and forget something about it and ill go over and look at it again. i didnt do the whole book, just a big chunk of the begining and the physiology unit. Orgo i love and i just finished it, ill go over the roadmaps once in a while (like once a week). for chem, im not the best at chem but read the MCAT examkrackers chem book and took some very brief notes. i go over destroyer for chem. the only part of chem that im not excited about is using hess law and setting up the equations lol. i need to practice that lol.I need to keep goin over my gen chem. PAT im ok with havent really practiced alot, i dont wanna use up all my CDP test just yet. i do angles everynight and cube counting. Hole punching i dont do cuz its just rediculous. i get like all these half holes and **** i cant stand it! RC im ait with 19-21 on practice tests so far. If the real thing is anything like kaplan i will be happy. QR.....hmmm.....i dont kno wat to say, practice??? ive been doin CDM and getting 19-20. what i noticed is that the more time you leave between math sessions the weaker you get. Well, thats just me. I still have trouble sleeping at night :(, i keep thinking about wat will happen.

I completely understand. I just want to get this bs over with. This has ruined my life for the past 2 months.

I also have trouble sleeping at night, I'm freaking out already, thinking the DAT is coming up, my prof haven't submitted the LOR, ADEA takes forever, a lot to go over for GC, just endless stuff to worry and to think about. This couple of weeks have been hell for me. Health level goes down while nervousness goes way up. Sorry, I'm not whinning, just revealing the reality.

As for RC, I'm just hoping to get crocodile's, I pray that I'll see a crocodile on my DAT.

over the last two months ive printed out color copies(they were free!!:D) of alot of important figures in the Campbell bio book and i taped them to my room wall. So for bio i skim through it before bed or ill see something and forget something about it and ill go over and look at it again. i didnt do the whole book, just a big chunk of the begining and the physiology unit. Orgo i love and i just finished it, ill go over the roadmaps once in a while (like once a week). for chem, im not the best at chem but read the MCAT examkrackers chem book and took some very brief notes. i go over destroyer for chem. the only part of chem that im not excited about is using hess law and setting up the equations lol. i need to practice that lol.I need to keep goin over my gen chem. PAT im ok with havent really practiced alot, i dont wanna use up all my CDP test just yet. i do angles everynight and cube counting. Hole punching i dont do cuz its just rediculous. i get like all these half holes and **** i cant stand it! RC im ait with 19-21 on practice tests so far. If the real thing is anything like kaplan i will be happy. QR.....hmmm.....i dont kno wat to say, practice??? ive been doin CDM and getting 19-20. what i noticed is that the more time you leave between math sessions the weaker you get. Well, thats just me. I still have trouble sleeping at night :(, i keep thinking about wat will happen.

Has anyone here taken the Kaplan online tests, (1, 2, and 3)? and if so, what do you guys think about their QR and RC? Ive been nailing the science. Its just a matter of luck for math and reading i guess.

If you can do Kaplan QR subject test then you're set for the QR. I can't remember the online ones, it has been too long

If you can do Kaplan QR subject test then you're set for the QR. I can't remember the online ones, it has been too long

where can i get a hold of these. im still working on my QR. i honestly feel very shaky here. im not consistent when it comes to QR. although i got a 770 on my SAT in math ~.^

I also have trouble sleeping at night, I'm freaking out already, thinking the DAT is coming up, my prof haven't submitted the LOR, ADEA takes forever, a lot to go over for GC, just endless stuff to worry and to think about. This couple of weeks have been hell for me. Health level goes down while nervousness goes way up. Sorry, I'm not whinning, just revealing the reality.

As for RC, I'm just hoping to get crocodile's, I pray that I'll see a crocodile on my DAT.

It helps to get exercise and eat the right kinds of food.

Lipoic acid (150mg/day)...they say it helps with memory...?
2 fish oil capsules
centrum
500mg vitamin C
4 carrots (juiced)

Don't forget coffee 1 hour prior to studying (that way you can pee before you study and you aren't as jittery). Do this on test day too so you can go to the bathroom before you take the test....next bathroom round should be right about when you finnish the PAT section.

It helps to get exercise I run every other day and eat the right kinds of food.

Lipoic acid (150mg/day)...they say it helps with memory...? What's this?
2 fish oil capsules check
centrum check
500mg vitamin C =centrum check
4 carrots (juiced) =vitamin A = centrum check

Don't forget coffee 1 hour prior to studying (that way you can pee before you study and you aren't as jittery). I'm trying to quit drinking coffee, not good for my health! Do this on test day too so you can go to the bathroom before you take the test....next bathroom round should be right about when you finnish the PAT section.
;)

you will be fine! Just get a lot of rest before the test day. In my opinion, if you put enough time in it, you will do well except for the QR

I'm set for Aug 5th. Hopefully not postponing this time.

Best of luck to all of us ......

i caved in!!!! I moved my date further. Now its gonna be 18th Aug. OMG. I feel terrible but i realized i still have tons to cover!

To everyone taking the test tomorrow..:thumbup:

I seriously hope that by some miracle August tests are a breeze :D